Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preferred programming language?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2379 Views, 6 Replies

preferred programming language?

Hi

I'm looking to take the leap from iLogic and vba to something more versatile but am unsure which language to dive in to.

I have been searching for clues but have not fund any solid conclusions to what is preferred. it seems to be C# or vb.net

What is the opinion ?

best regards

Martin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mirtchii
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You should choose Visual basic. You can find more information about it as the below image.

1.png

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

From vba to vb.net isn't that difficult!

I would advise you to start with visual studio and vb.net!

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 4 of 7
JamieVJohnson2

I've been using VB.Net.  It is very robust, and everybit as capable as c# (because they both run the .Net CLR).  It is not going away, microsoft won't let it.  The vb.Net language and syntax is the same language that iLogic uses (just different classes are added).  I've used it to perform some very complex tasks, including parallel computing inside of Inventor.

jvj
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JamieVJohnson2

Thanks all for your input. It seems that .net is worth looking in to, even if i do some C when playing with Arduinos 

Message 6 of 7
lena.talkhina

Hello @Anonymous  !

Great to see you here on Inventor Forum.

Did you find a solution?
If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button as then also other community users can easily find and benefit from the information.
If not please don't hesitate to give an update here in your topic so all members know what ́s the progression on your question is and what might be helpful to achieve what you ́re looking for. 🙂

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Message 7 of 7
calvinjohnson6954

Python continues to be one of the best programming languages every developer should learn this year. The language is easy-to-learn and offers a clean and well-structured code, making it powerful enough to build a decent web application. However, there are many other programming languages that are also very relevant now. For example, my favorite programming language is java script. Although all my colleagues prefer python. Many large companies now conduct it staff augmentation so no one knows when your skills will be useful. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report