Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2022 - Fixing Constraints

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
iUser
641 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2022 - Fixing Constraints

Hi All,

In Inventor 2021 if a constraint failed and you had to fix it you could just click edit and select the hole where to constraint was originally placed. In Inventor 2022 you need to select the broken constraint from the dialogue. They should change it back to how it was so that when you edit the constraint it automatically selects the broken constraint to be placed. 

iUser_0-1621817571926.png

iUser_1-1621817582962.png

iUser_2-1621817594792.png

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bradeneuropeArthur
in reply to: iUser

Hi @iUser 

This also not a good thing I think, but will be less of a problem I thinks for the users.

They only need to work different.

More of my concerns is:

Why has Inventor 2022 changed that massively?

Will many of these changes not lead into errors with an existing data set.

Will some of these changes not lead into errors during migration?

Will these changes not confuse users al lot?

In special with a data set that is is Vault I see come a lot op problems here, or am I to pessimistic here?

I can imagine that also some programming's will lead into problems using Inventor 2022!

@johnsonshiue  Are you able to check with the development team to vanish these kind of concerns?

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 6
j_steenbergen

We also experience this problem. I'm wondering if this was deliberately removed or if it's a bug. Hope someone can shed some light on this?

Message 4 of 6

@johnsonshiue 

Maybe you have an answer to it?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 5 of 6
jdasilvaS39UQ

I agree, this should be fixed. It adds an unnecessary click every time.

Message 6 of 6
j_steenbergen

This problems seems to solved in the latest update, thankfully!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report