Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilogic To Create A Table In Part Drawing File For Where Used

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
matthew
196 Views, 5 Replies

Ilogic To Create A Table In Part Drawing File For Where Used

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone could help me out with an existing script to create a table in a drawing file where the script would look at all assemblies the part is used in then would return a table to be placed say in the top right corner. The table would be have a title of "Where Used" and two columns with rows to be determined by script. Column titles would be "ASSEMBLY" and "QTY". 

Hoping this is something somebody has done already. Appreciate Design Assistant can tell me where used but it won't tell me the QTY.

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Are you using Vault?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 6

No I am only a small business so using NAS box as server at the moment.

Message 4 of 6
A.Acheson
in reply to: matthew

Hi @matthew 

Will the drawing reference the very assembly you need to pull the BOM qty from? If it does it sounds like you are recreation the partlist!

If it does not you will need to supply the root folder for the project workspace and then search for every assembly and then search it's reference documents for one thst matches the part. It will be a time consuming process to check all the files. Can you confirm what your criteria is? 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 5 of 6
matthew
in reply to: A.Acheson

Hi Alan. It's the latter. So these are common parts that are used across multiple sub assemblies and then all sub assemblies exist in the top level assembly. I did find some ilogic that will search through the folder that the drawing exists in and would return a note list in the drawing but this was only a list of assemblies the part existed in without quantities.
Message 6 of 6
A.Acheson
in reply to: matthew

If you have some logic to show the assemblies then it is easy to extract the qtys. Can you share this code as a starting point? Having to use inventor to find such items is resource heavy and you can't use inventor while this in going. You could of course use task scheduler to just run a rule while your not using inventor at a specific time.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report