Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic API Documentation

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
MechMachineMan
11306 Views, 11 Replies

iLogic API Documentation

As I could not find any documentation easily available on the call available in iLogic aside from the very limited amount listed in Autodesk's resources and blogs aside from the few places listed, I took the librerty to load the Autodesk.iLogic.Interfaces.xml file and parse it into an excel file that anyone can read without having to load the reference to the file in visual studio.

ex:// Here: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/files/cp2544_ilogic_inventor_api.pdf

Please Kudos if this helped ya!

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I found the link to your excel file through a Google search and made sure I found this post to give you kudos. This is extremely helpful. Thank you for making it!

Message 4 of 12
dgreatice
in reply to: MechMachineMan

Hi,

I just create video in my YouTube channel, so anyone can learn basic about VBA in inventor.

see my channel :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPY0X2kKvgk&t=1s

Please use the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or KUDOS button if my Idea helped you to solve the problem.

Autodesk Inventor Professional Certified 2014
Message 5 of 12

As an update to this, I've found an easy way to do this yourself for future versions.

Step1: Navigate to the Inventor release folder on your PC:

- C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2018

Step2: Search for xml files you want to parse.

(I usually copy them out to desktop or some other location... just to be safe)

Step 3: Watch this youtube video and follow the same steps, using the .xml file as the map. I usually just drag the whole folders into the cells so it   

automatically maps everything.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H7tBL97orE

And that is all! Pretty easy.

Attached is Inventor 2018 with Interfaces, Snippets, and Runtime done. Not all of them will necessarily be useful/accessible to the end user, but it could help you understand the program better!

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
Message 6 of 12

It's never been that great because there is a bunch of XML comments missing or omitted, but I've been using Sandcastle Help File Builder to parse the Autodesk.iLogic.Interfaces.xml file (and accompanying .dll) into a compiled html help file (.chm) format for a while.

Attached is the latest one for Inventor 2018.

As soon as I can get a released copy of Inventor 2019 installed I'll run this again and update it.

🙂

Message 7 of 12
AlexFielder
in reply to: AlexFielder

Attached to this post is the compiled help file for Inventor 2019 as promised.

Message 8 of 12

@AlexFielder it looks like it only shows the tabs in the index/navigation tab, but none of the text from within to describe what the arguments used in the calls are?

Justin K

Message 9 of 12

I'm not sure what you mean exactly but if I understand you correctly, it is what it is. Like I said in my earlier post, the comments file is missing a bunch of data to make this Help file complete.

I suppose there might be a setting in Sandcastle that can we can tweak to give a better output, but it would take some experimentation.
Message 10 of 12

See attached for 2019!

Many changes over 2017 and 2018 in this, included access to the named faces!

Justin K

Message 11 of 12
MjDeck
in reply to: MechMachineMan

@MechMachineMan and @AlexFielder , this information is now included in the Inventor help. It's generated by Sandcastle. Here it is for 2019 and for 2020.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 12
AlexFielder
in reply to: MjDeck

That's excellent @MjDeck, thank you. And better late than never eh?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report