Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding/Enumerating image files within a Drawing Sheet

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
233 Views, 1 Reply

Embedding/Enumerating image files within a Drawing Sheet

Inventor 2017 using Visual Studio 2019 and C#.

Referring to a .DWG  drawing file.

I have an Add-In I created years ago, that I would like to add some functionality to.

I would like to be able to detect whether an image file is embedded within a drawing sheet.

If one already exists I would like to determine the insertion point and scale of said image.

I would also like to be able to replace said image, or insert one if image not present. The image is a bitmap or jpeg.

This image is directly inserted into a drawing sheet, not part of a sketch or part of a titleblock.

Any ideas? Solution does not have to be in C# but preferred if possible.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
YuhanZhang
in reply to: Anonymous

You can access the 3rd party files using Document.ReferencedOLEFileDescriptors, but currently you can't use the ReferencedOLEFileDescriptor to change the source, you can log to IdeaStation if you need it via API. Hope this helps.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report