Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFeature Creation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cad_admin2
271 Views, 3 Replies

iFeature Creation

Can anyone tell me if they've had any success in creating an ifeature from an extruded cut?  I keep on getting a placement error with mine which makes me think it might not be possible.  I've attached the ifeature .ide file and also the model i've extracted it from.  I've created other ifeatures with no problems at all but this is the first using an extruded cut.  We're currently still using 2016 version but will be upgrading to later this year.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
YuhanZhang
in reply to: cad_admin2

Do you want to create a punch iFeature so you can use it to cut other solid? If yes you can refer to below video about how to create punch tool:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2017/ENU/?caas=caas/screencast/Main/Details/a4043913-7a77-4d82...

Hope this helps.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
cad_admin2
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Thanks for taking a look for me.  The punch tool is not available to me because this is not for sheet metal.  I have tried creating it using sheet metal but the punch hole feature only works if the sketch is drawn on a face and not using a workplane.  I need to be able to create the extruded cut with the fillets so placing the sketch on a face won't work (i don't think).                

Message 4 of 4
YuhanZhang
in reply to: cad_admin2

You do can create punch in standard part, if you in the Insert iFeatue dialog select a punch tool from the iFeature Catalog, you can see it also punches the solid. So if your purpose is to create an iFeature to cut solid you can create a punch feature tool, so refer to the documentation page you may find the way on how to create a punch feature tool.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report