Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a new User Interface Browser Panel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ngnam1988
228 Views, 4 Replies

Create a new User Interface Browser Panel

Dears,

I'm trying creating a new Browser Panel as this picture, and display as the tab in Model Browser; iLogic...

ngnam1988_0-1704170825524.png

ngnam1988_1-1704170849719.png

Please help me where I'll starting? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You need to use a dockable window:
Have a look at this very good and useful tutorial from @JelteDeJong  before I guide you anywhere...
If you understand this it will be selves explaining....

http://www.hjalte.nl/tutorials/69-dockable-window

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 5

Thanks,

Oh. Seem it's the solution for my question. I'm going to studying from your resource. 

Message 4 of 5
WCrihfield
in reply to: ngnam1988

I was looking into this yesterday also, and I found some stuff that may be useful to you, but did not post them yet, because I simply did not have experience with those specific methods I found yet, and did not have a working code example to share yet either.  So I was going to wait and see if someone else that has already used these methods several times before might offer better advise/guidance.

We apparently have the ability to create and add other BrowserPane objects to the BrowserPanes collection of a document.  And one of those methods (BrowserPanes.AddTreeBrowserPane) is specifically for adding a tree browser, similar to the existing Model browser pane.  But these tools seem to require some input that would normally be associated with something like an add-in (ApplicationAddIn), such as 'ProgID', or 'CLSID', or different icons for use in different statuses.  When use that AddTreeBrowserPane method above, it is asking for a unique name, a unique internal name which would usually be somehow associated with the add-in, and a BrowserNodeDefinition for the 'top node' of the new browser pane.  So, before we can use that method, we must first have those three things prepared.  There is another method defined under the BrowserPanes collection object called BrowserPanes.CreateBrowserNodeDefinition, which will return a new ClientBrowserNodeDefinition, which I assume we could use as input for that first method.  That method requires at least the first 3 inputs be specified, and optionally 4 more inputs.  It says that the ID (an Integer) you supply must uniquely identify this one ClientBrowserNodeDefinition among all others that may be present within that same document.  I am not sure, but that may require looping through all others, and checking their ID's first, then determining an ID that is different from all the others.  The third input in this method is a ClientNodeResource type object.  This is apparently a Document level resource that can contain specifications that can be shared with all other tree type browser panes in that same document.  The main collection of these ClientNodeResources can be found just under the BrowserPanes collection object (BrowserPanes.ClientNodeResources property).  That collection object also lets you add a new one, if needed (ClientNodeResources.AddNodeResource), which will return the newly added ClientNodeResource object.  That method asks for add-in related information (ClientID, ID, & IconName), and apparently the IconName must specify an icon within a ClientResourceMap, but it also says that you can provide an empty String, then it will just attempt to use the 'default' icon.  The trail of uncommon API objects and methods behind this process just keeps going, and would require some additional research and testing to familiarize yourself with all the stuff involved.  But since this is not really something that I plan on using any time soon, I will leave that additional research and development to you and the others here on the forum with more add-in related experience than I currently have.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 5 of 5
ngnam1988
in reply to: WCrihfield

Thanks for your explaining, it's really useful information!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report