Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy form from template

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Lukasz.Dudkowski
750 Views, 2 Replies

Copy form from template

Hello,

Do we have any possibilities to copy local form from the template to existing old drawing ?

I know that there is an option to use Global forms but this is not a case. I have multiple forms for each type of the template. If i place them all to Global templates it will case a mess for the users.

I created the topic previouslly where the question was posted in another way but I didn't got good answer. Maybe this will be better way to maintenance the forms.

Re: Global Forms depended on file extension - Autodesk Community - Inventor

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Just found this topic. It isn’t supported in the API to copy forms from documents. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/copy-form-to-other-files/td-p/9751986

A workaround might be to create a new drawing with updated forms and copy parameter by  XML and sheets to new drawing. Effectively leave the form there and copy everything else. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 3

I founded work around by my self. 

For that purpose I used customized User Commands. Right now depending on active file and extension of it I can open from Tools tab requested Form with allows me to fill in needed metadata.

Two examples you can find in attachement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report