Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

content center crashes after publishing in 2020

55 REPLIES 55
Message 1 of 56
Anonymous
1692 Views, 55 Replies

content center crashes after publishing in 2020

Problem in inventor 2020. Content center crashing after modifying a group and publishing 

Screen freezes and you have to close Inventor to carry on.

Can Autodesk apply a hot fix to fix this please?

55 REPLIES 55
Message 2 of 56
bradeneuropeArthur
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Are you using Vault Content Center or Desktop Content Center?

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: bradeneuropeArthur

Vault content center

you can't edit a custom content center part or group of parts like a selection of box section and publish your changes and go back to work. It freezes on the last screen within content center editor and you have to close inventor and reload.

Message 4 of 56
bradeneuropeArthur

Hi,

• Are the files published after the crash?

step 1:

• What if you only modify one row, does it than also crash?

step 2:

• Can you edit the table with excel or does that also not work?

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 5 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: bradeneuropeArthur

the files are published ok

it seems that the OK button does not work once published?

I haven't tried to edit in excel

Message 6 of 56
jan_priban

Hi,

we are aware of issue related to transaction and Content Center Editor focus loss. Without knowledge of your steps I can't say it is related to that, but anyway: Thank you for letting us know.

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 7 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: jan_priban

Hi Jan ,

The Issue I have is after doing any modification to any content center part and publishing it (which it does successfully) Inventor gets stuck on the next screen in content center (see attached Photo).

Its almost as if the DONE button does not work on the exit screen. You have to close inventor and reload to proceed. 

content center stuck screen .JPG

Message 8 of 56
Anonymous

Jan,

I published an I part to my custom content center and it worked perfect.

I have taken the same base file and deleted an extrusion and then published the part again.

When I go to insert the part it inventor is unable to create part.

Is there an issue with inventor in 2020 that would contribute to this.

Why would it work once and then not for a second time?unable to create part.JPG

Message 9 of 56
jan_priban

Hi,

1. I see you use bottom family table / grid (Table View). If you have troubles with Content Center, switch it off (do not use it). I have no issue with this Table View, but if you have some troubles, better to switch it off.

2. If you published iPart OK, all seems to be fine. If you see "Unable to create components" then it means your template or family data are not correct. As you know, Content Center is based on parametric IPT file (template) + Family Table supplies data/value of these parameters + rebuild process creates Content Center part/instance. So verify you are able to create file using template + data. I think NO. You mentioned you deleted extrusion, probably this extrusion was/is important. You need to verify if you can create IPT using template IPT + data/parameters by yourself.

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 10 of 56
Anonymous

Hi Jan,

1.the stuck table view can sometimes be got round if i hi ESC.

other than that it crashes properly and give me a crash report.

2.the extrusion was not needed but what i did do was republish the original part that published ok and that too failed.  

may be i am making a silly error in the family table.

Message 11 of 56
Anonymous

Jan,

Please see attached the family table from the I part that said it was published successfully.

Can you see any problems at a glance?

The i part was created from a piece of box originally from content center and the two mitered extrusions either end. 

the length and the miter is driven from an expression.

it published once and now wont. am i missing something?

complete family table.JPG

Message 12 of 56
jan_priban

Hi,

from the image showing family table I can't see anything wrong 🙂 Attach iPart here please , I will try to publish it and then we will see more.

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 13 of 56
Anonymous

please find attached the I part that I am having probs with.

thanks

Message 14 of 56
jan_priban

Hi,

your iPart looks 100% good. When I used it as it is, I got "Unable to Create Components" message when I wanted to create an instance from Content Center. That why I  made few changes:

1. I made B_L column custom parameter.

CustomColumn.jpg

2. I reauthorized part, I included all necessary parameters

Mapping.jpg

3. I publish part into pre-authorized category - rectangular shapes

4. All went fine, I was able to place frame into assembly by Place from Content Center and used just published frame via Frame Generator

UserFrame.jpg

So take your iPart, it is 100% correct, just make B_L custom parameter and authorize better. There is nothing wrong in Inventor functionality, just all required steps need to be done fine.

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 15 of 56
Anonymous

Thanks Jan,

I will give that a go obviously, I was missing an important part of the publish process.

Thank you for your help.

I will let you know how i get on.

Kind Regards Allen

Message 16 of 56
Anonymous

Hi Jan,

I did exactly what you told me to do and I still get the same message ' unable to create componentpublished part.JPGerror.JPGipart edited .JPG'

Message 17 of 56
Anonymous

the authorizing screen looks slightly different?

authorizing.JPG 

Message 18 of 56
jan_priban

Radius (G_IR) and Shape Width is missing (G_W, last row)

Message 19 of 56
Anonymous

Hi Jan,

Sorry to be a pain,

it still wont work. I added the missing parameters

The stupid thingNEW PUBLISH.JPG is i have published one version of this successfully and it works?

Message 20 of 56
jan_priban

Hello,

see and compare how other Square Shapes are authorized, make same authoring and then publish. I have no other idea than correct authoring and publish

Regards

Jan Priban

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report