Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding festo fittings to content centre

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
733 Views, 2 Replies

Adding festo fittings to content centre

Has anyone had any sucess adding festo fittings to the content centre? If so, how did you do it?

The part files I downloaded off the website contain no dimensions. I was hoping all types of the same version would run off the same part template and just have the values changed which i could copy from a dimension table from their data sheet. This is not the case. 

My 2 thoughts were to either draw the model myself, but i'm finding all the dimensions of each point on my sketch is very time consuming. I'm first having to download the model from festo, and measure the different sketch points, then copy onty my part. Tedious!

My other thought was to download all the festo fittings and put them in the content centre folder. I could then make the family table in the content centre match the filenames/part number etc of all the downloaded models. This doesn't seem to be working and im getting the following error message "Unable to create component".

(I am aware there is a festo add in toolbar, but this does not have the functionality i want, and ofesto are slow to update it to run on the latest version of inventor)

Thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AlexFielder
in reply to: Anonymous

This is honestly something Autodesk should be better at promoting:

"If potential customers can easily* specify your components in their designs, then it's a guaranteed sale!"

*By easily I mean place using existing tools such as Content Centre.

The last time I hit upon this problem was with Stauff clamps - at one stage I even sat with the UK sales rep and explained how it was better to have malleable models rather than dumb step files and despite my sharing the attached file they never AFAIK bothered to implement my suggestion. I guess because a) it would have meant paying someone to create the Content Centre libraries/iParts & b) they were scared of "giving away their IP".

If the model family members you need to work are similar enough like the attached, then you can modify them using either regular features or Direct Edit and/or feature suppression to create the family template that'll work for you.

I'm downloading the Add-in for Inventor 2018 as we speak, I'll let you know if there's any way we can fudge it to (I assume) work with Inventor 2019.

Message 3 of 3
AlexFielder
in reply to: AlexFielder

Seems as though you need the "PartDataManager" installed to get their addin working. And their site is powered by pigeons as it's a 1.5GB download and is taking forever.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report