Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summing Radial Reaction Forces

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
hadley_rossignol
326 Views, 1 Reply

Summing Radial Reaction Forces

I am trying to determine the amount of force that is required to change the diameter of a part by a certain amount. By using enforced motion and a cylindrical coordinate system, I was able to generate the model. However, the reaction forces are split into the reaction force in various radial directions (unsure what the intervals are) and are not the total reaction force, which is ultimately what I am looking for. 

Wondering if there is a way to determine this force.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @hadley_rossignol . Welcome to the Inventor Nastran forum.

If you are using the Inventor interface, I am 99% certain the reaction forces (SPC results in the contour plot) are in global X,Y,Z. The SPC forces are not in the radial direction. To get what you want, you would need to do the following:

1. Export the SPC forces in X, Y, Z to a text file.
  2. Get the coordinates of the nodes.
  3. Convert the X, Y, Z SPC force to radial direction based on the position of the node.
  4. Sum the result.

The first two steps can be done with the third-party app FNO Reader. The last two steps would be done in Excel. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report