Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different initial temperature conditions in a transient heat transfer analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
PierreMalouf8976
142 Views, 1 Reply

Different initial temperature conditions in a transient heat transfer analysis

I am simulating molten metal which has been poured in a slag car. The objective is to obtain the temperature profiles as the molten metal solidifies in the slag car. I am stuck because I cannot figure out how to set different initial temperature conditions to different parts.

More specifically, set the initial temperature of the molten metal to 3017 F and the slag car to 72 F which is ambient temperature. Unfortunately the analysis only allows a "global" condition.

I did find a procedure on the Autodesk web site which is,

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-set-up-a-tr...

However it seems very complicated and I have not been able to apply it.

Has anyone had a similar problem? If yes, how was it addressed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Pierre Malouf

Consultant ferroviaire PM

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
anindo
in reply to: PierreMalouf8976

Hi @PierreMalouf8976

I don't know whether you ever found a solution to this query. I faced the same issue recently and found the suggested solution complicated. So I've put together a process note and written a Python script to automate the manual merging of the NASTRAN files described in the original solution. See this reply: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-nastran-forum/transient-heat-transfer-simulation-help-mug-of...

This works for me, perhaps it can help you as well. 

Regards

--

Anindo Ghosh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report