Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine line-Elements with solid-elements

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
747 Views, 2 Replies

Combine line-Elements with solid-elements

Hello,

i want to transmit a torque into a hole by a 1D Bar-element. The hole surface is connected to a point in the holecenter (rigid body connector) as shown in the pictue attached. I implemented the line-element with an extra sketch, starting point at the centerpoint. Processor is solving but do not give any results.element_in_hole.jpg

Im working with Inventor 2016 and Nastran in CAD 2016

Output gives the following warings:

Warning: T2061 Unreasonable Material Data

Warning: E5010 One or More non-Zero Degrees of Freedom were Auto-constrained

I think it is a DOF-problem or a problem with the sketch? I hope somebody can help?

much thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Roelof.Feijen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Warning T2061: Unresonable Material Data should not be the problem. 

Causes:

• Material is improperly defined.
  • An unreasonable shear modulus has been provided.
    If a correct shear modulus has been entered, this warning may still show due to round-off error. The solver will always calculate shear modulus based off of Poisson's ratio and Modulus of elasticity and compare to the entered shear modulus value. If they do not match exactly (entered value is rounded, calculated value has 16 significant digits) they it will give the warning.

See also: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/nastran/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Warning-T2061-Unresonable-Material-Data.html

WARNING: E5010:

Do you have contacts defined in your analysis?

If so. Is it a manual contact that is being set to Auto?

2018-06-09 10_54_52-Window.png

Can you otherwise share your model? From the picture it is hard to tell whats wrong.

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Roelof.Feijen

There are no contacts in my model. Just one part mixed with a bar.

after deleting shear modulus Nastran give me results. I did not expect an error caused by material properties.  I thought the problem would be due to the degrees of freedom or a fail in meshing.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report