Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube&Pipe 008: “Branches”

Tube&Pipe 008: “Branches”

Branches are an absolute must, tees or not. If the user doesn’t specifies a tee family in the style library (need to add a tee selection menu there) then pipes would intersect to simulate a welded connection. Notches in the larger pipe diameter should be added automatically if user settings “notch matching branches” in style selected, just like in the branch fitting author dialog. I’ve never used a cross (too expensive, company standard to avoid them) so I can’t advice on those but on tees if you have three lines with end points coincident, two of them collinear and third perpendicular (or 45 for Y) then that’s a tee connection. At least give us the option to connect them and manually place the tee, right now it complains about branches not being allowed, so you can’t connect nodes. My work around is to dimension nodes at a distance but the sketch is not fully constrained and the route segment can jump since more than one solution exists.

@dan_szymanski

TP008.gif

2 Comments
Ruffy85
Collaborator

Hi Adrian,

i dont know if i understand or interpreting you idea correct, please correct me if im wrong but i think your way is not the best way to do a branch. Don´t try to create your complete pipespool in one route. Take another new route and everthing is fine.

Idea008.gif

salariua
Mentor

HI Markus.

I feel my idea has been properly described and branches need implementing in a single route.

Why would I want to create and maintain multiple separate routes especially since they all have the same size? That it way too much effort.

In a perfect world where we have lots of people with time to spare on contracts, it might work but that's never the case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report