Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Browser =>>> less scrolling

Split Browser =>>> less scrolling

Hi,

what about the possibility to split the current browser into two let say "areas", like an excel spreadsheet or word-doc.

This could be a great feature for working in large assemblies or parts with lots of features.

The picture illustrates only an example! Just having two browsers showing the same general situation, but with a different focus!

See slide:

Slide1.PNG

Bye

Kay

19 Comments
MikeSmell_ADSK
Autodesk

User would like the ability to split the browser tree. This would allow for easier navigation of large assemblies. Similar behavior can be seen in Autodesk VRED with their split Scenegraph. 

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice to be able to split the assembly model tree pane in order to more easily add constraints between workplanes of parts that are toward the top and toward the bottom of the tree. See attached screen shot of a virtual view.

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

No kidding!!! this would increase productivity tremendously. Autodesk c'mon man! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I wasting my time browsing the internet hoping to find a way to split the browser screen in inventor? I wonder if Autodesk thought the industry wouldn't be using this software to this extent. Autosesk C'mon man! 

PJKeeffe
Contributor

Agree with rickygm1012- this was first posted in 2017- it’s nearly 2021!

nsayer_d42
Contributor

Introduce an Excel style table split so that the upper part of the model tree is always in view. I am often working on models with probably hundreds of features, and when using blocks and user planes/axes, have to scroll all the way up to find them. Then all the way back down again, etc...

If there were a way to split the view (and I know some others have suggested this to be able to see View Reps), it would save many mouse miles and boost productivity.

I think each region (upper and lower) should have it's own scroll bar too.

I have no doubt there would be other uses too, like being able to browse through solid bodies.

swalton
Mentor

I'd find this very useful in a large assembly with several hundred components.  It would help me keep the origin folders of different components visible while I applied constraints.

chris.roome
Observer

Great idea and also I also suffer the same mouse mileage in large parts! Also useful in large assemblies when constraining against planes or flicking between view reps.

iain.sells
Community Visitor

Like it! Most often the 'fundamental' sketches, planes etc. are at the top of the tree so being able to keep them instantly available makes a lot of sense.

ReinierP5648
Enthusiast

Good idea, let's combine it with grouping options in the browser.

MattH_Work
Collaborator
SER4
Collaborator
CGBenner
Community Manager
Kay_Rethmeier
Advocate

Yeah, 

I was developing this idea already in 2017. Lets combine this wish and vote also here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/split-browser-gt-gt-gt-less-scrolling/idc-p/12366471

Thanks,

Kay

miechh
Collaborator

Or be able to categorize all items in the browser. For example, put all sketches in a 'sketches'-folder, workfeatures (axes, planes) in a 'workfeatures'-folder and make these folders collapsible. Like in Fusion 360.

nsayer_d42
Contributor

@Kay_Rethmeier 

Done.

@miechh 
I have no doubt I would find this idea useful. Equally, I have no major issue with how the browser 'tells a story' and all I need from time to time, is to view the start and end simultaenously.

tburtonQ3JHJ
Observer

I agree this would be very useful. I actually created my own VBA form to show and manipulate the views because I was tired of scrolling around so much.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report