Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarter Diameter Dimensions

Smarter Diameter Dimensions

Shouldn't Inventor know that this is a cylinder and should therefore have a diameter symbol? Let's have it pop in there on its own without me having to do an edit text operation on it and manually add it.

Capture.JPG

71 Comments
premysl.misun
Advocate

In drawings if use dimension of diameter symbol of diamater is automaticly added. But if you place symbol of diamater in dimension edditing is not the same symbol. See you in picture.

Diequa
Advocate

There is a way around it, but Inventor should be able to identify in the drawing what is a circle or not from the model.

I've been using retrieve model annotations for many of my drawings for the last 2 years and it's amazing, you can even change the dimension in the drawing and the model will change so I would suggest trying that!

Can I add to this with the diameter being added on dual dimensions the Diameter for the dual dimension cuts into the bracket which looks very unprofessional.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Diequa thanks for sharing, I agree the above points, but I feel it’s not possible for all the profile to retrieve in drawing.

Is there any other better way means kindly suggest me. 

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Some possible solutions for this idea are currently under discussion on the NDA based Inventor Feedback/Beta forums. If you would like to contribute to the discussion, please apply for access using this link: https://bit.ly/InventorBeta

dan_butler_komatsu
Enthusiast

I think of that often when I have to go and edit a diameter dimension.  Thanks for pointing that out.

activeradio
Contributor

I get a 403 Forbidden in the link to the beta forums, I guess you have to be on the beta program to enter?

It would be great if this issue could be rectified, it is particularly painful when putting multiple diameter dimensions down on section views (which is often the clearest place to put them) where there is no "diametrical line" to select as on an un-sectioned view.  It is doubly frustrating that "copy properties" does not work to change between linear diameter and standard either.

ChrisMitchell01
Community Manager

403 Forbidden typically means that you have stale logon credentials cached in your browser. If you clear your cache (ctrl+shift+del) or use private/incognito mode then you should be able to log on.

-Chris

activeradio
Contributor

Thanks, clearing the cache didn't change it but a private window did.  I have applied to join the program.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2021. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Hi,
I know it doesn't belong in this idea.
Please vote if possible. The customer bought licenses for 87000 euros and Inventor does not have this functionality. I care very much about it. Thank you for any vote, if you can hear me.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/feature-recognition-for-sheet-metal/idi-p/9536243

pl.sivakumar
Advocate

Thanks to Inventor team, Now they are updated in 2021.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report