Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Marked Lines as a different layer when placing part into a drawing

Setting Marked Lines as a different layer when placing part into a drawing

When creating a 2D drawing of a parts using inventor, can marked lines come into the drawing as a different layer so they can be set as a different colour, This feature is there when you export a part but not when you are making a drawing of that part.

Left is how it currently works, right is how I'm suggesting it work. 

Example.PNG

14 Comments
j_hargreavesRXM5C
Community Visitor

I also have this probelm!!!

g_pottle
Community Visitor

Yes I agree, this is a great suggestion!

t_webbZDNMJ
Explorer

Omg THIS

Frodl
Advocate

Hello,
i think a layer manager would be grate. In the layer manager should be all parts listed. For each part there should be an option to choose a line color and also a color for the hatching. 

This will be very useful for us.

senali
Observer

Perfect Idea! 

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Many thanks for posting the idea to us, and tracked as [INVGEN-71336]

tim_keller
Explorer

Please AutoDesk,  listen to the ones that use Inventor DWG to make detail drawings.    Please make Inventor DWG work with AutoCAD Layers when it comes to parts & line color.  This is a great idea.

AJK2010
Enthusiast

@Yijiang.Cai  any news on this?

i found 5 ideas that are almost the same as this one.

Please autodesk implement this idea, we need this!

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

@AJK2010 we are investigating this idea, and will keep you updated when the progress is made. Many thanks for you voting the idea here.

AJK2010
Enthusiast

@Yijiang.Cai Any news on this?

what a disappointment to see that this is still not integrated into inventor2025.

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@AJK2010 Really appreciate you watching on this idea, and we are still investigating the idea. I will keep you updated for sure. Please stay tuned.

kevinsUB93Q
Explorer

@Yijiang.Cai 

Has this been implemented with inventor 2025? I did not see it on the "Whats New" list.

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@kevinsUB93Q It is not implemented in Inventor 2025, but definitely one in our list in future release. Many thanks!

bbailey6E5PN
Contributor

It would be nice if you could change the layer in "Object Defaults" so we can set it automatically. For us, this way when I start an IDW and add the flat pattern all "Mark Features" are on our "Scribe" layer. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report