Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feature Sweep solid

New Feature Sweep solid

Hi Autodesk,

Now we have Autodesk Inventor HSM, it will be nice to have a new feature that sweeps a solid allong a path.

When you use a profile milling it is hard to design the result.

But when you simulate it within Inventor HSM, you see how the results look.

So please make a feature to design easier results like this.

Milling_1.jpg

Milling_2.jpg

69 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please make this happen.  Modeling the actual geometry created by common manufacturing processes, is a fundamental capability for a machine design software package, and should be included.  Inventor is a great package, but other competitive solid modeling software has this ability, and Inventor should too.

Xun.Zhang
Alumni

“Some possible solutions for this idea are currently under discussion on the NDA based Inventor Feedback/Beta forums. If you would like to contribute/validate then please apply for access using this link:

https://bit.ly/InventorBeta

scottmoyse
Mentor
Excellent!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

cylindrical cam in path cut custom tool

this command use in pharmaceutical tablet press turret in follow track punch

not available proper cut any cad software so please add this tool Autodesk Inventor its very useful tool

1. solidworks - solidsweep cut

2. solidedge - solidcut

I know English no more, I hope you are understand my idea please check attached 3 image

Vipul Jansari

Tags (1)
Marco.Takx
Mentor

Hi @Anonymous,

Sweep Solid is already a idea on the ideastation.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/new-feature-sweep-solid/idi-p/5333169 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear,

Thanks your suggestion

Vipul Jansari
jziggles
Observer

Hi Guys. 

Just giving this one a bump in 2018. Solid body sweep is badly needed as indicated by us in the food packaging industry for things like screw feeders as indicated by a few other posters on this thread. Surely this has got to be close to reality? Its something that solid works has been doing for a long time... 

I know its by no means simple to do but it would be an invaluable feature for many. Preaching to choir here I expect.

Or is this already a reality and I haven't seen it yet. Happy to be corrected 🙂

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Autodesk. Please refer to Community what is going on with this idea. Is it going to be implemented or we need to wait few more years. Sweep solid function is essential for 3d machining parts. Your competitors has it. Pleaseeeeee do it !!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Autodesk Inventor 2019 & HSM in your problem solutions
pl. find out
ambrose
Advocate

This would be a really useful feature in lots of situations. The solutions in other CAD packages are still quite limited due to the difficulty of solving this problem for the general case.

Take a look at these papers, and then hire the guys that wrote them immediately! Really impressive.

"A Computational Framework for Boundary Representation of Solid Sweeps" 

and

"Incorporating Sharp Features in the General Solid Sweep Framework"

by

Bharat Adsul , Jinesh Machchhar & Milind Sohoni

Cadkunde.nl
Collaborator

I see this has been accepted, and I badly need this functionaly.

I can't find it in 2018. Is it implemented in 2019? Accepted for 2020 or later?

scottmoyse
Mentor
you can join the beta program to find out. Beta.autodesk.com
Cnoj
Advocate

I asked for this to be added to Mechanical Desktop in the 1998. Still waiting..

You can't simulate milling without it.

JKujak
Participant

Bumping thread.

Any update on this request?  Solidworks has had the ability to perform this function for years...

scottmoyse
Mentor
If you join the beta at beta.autodesk.com you can gain some insight into what's being worked on for the next releases of Inventor.
JKujak
Participant
So no? this feature has not yet been implemented
scottmoyse
Mentor
If it was in the next release of Inventor that's due to be released within the next 5 days. Then I wouldn't be able to talk about features publicly until the NDA is lifted. These types of questions can be discussed openly on the beta forums, but not here.
ChrisMitchell01
Community Manager

...how's that for a big hint - Thanks Scott 🙂

If you want to directly join the Inventor Feedback Community then here's a direct sign-up link: http://Autode.sk/InventorBeta

AnthonyHarris90842
Collaborator

Hi Scott Moyse

Please do a video of how you did this below.

The next example shows the effect of using a 90-degree twist in an Aligned sweep to design a feed screw that rotates a bottle from horizontal to vertical.

Regards

Anthony Harris

ambrose
Advocate

They did it!

And as far as I can tell (standing by for corrections!), achieved an industry first...

• Mainstream CAD package - 
  • Analytical Solution - ✔ (not a voxel based bodge)
  • Sweep non-revolved geometry - ✔ (this is a big deal!)

Well done Autodesk, I am delighted to see a genuinely cutting edge improvement. It gives me faith in your commitment to Inventor. Thanks!

Solidsweep.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report