Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyword Search in Application Options, Document Settings, and Customize Dialog

Keyword Search in Application Options, Document Settings, and Customize Dialog

It would be good to have a keyword search inside the application options window that would search for keywords in that dialog. A separate, but similar one in the Document settings, and also in the Customize dialog.

This would help users that don't modify settings often navigate through the various options. It would help address some opposition to upgrades which add or change settings.

Regards,

Tim

12 Comments
benjoefoe
Advocate

There needs to be a better way to locate and change specific prompts. For instance say I wanted to change a prompt that hato do with "Level of Detail"...Simply typing in "Level of Detail" at the prompt option wont bring anything up. In fact the specific prompt I was looking for starts with the word "The"...There are over 50 prompts that start with the word "The". If you don't know what preposition your prompt begins with then you have to meticulously search every single one to find it.

AlexFielder
Advisor

I've been meaning to post exactly this Idea for a while now but you beat me to it.

Chromium-based applications (Google Chrome & Vivaldi for example) have had settings search/filtering capabilities for a while now which makes it extremely easy to find and change/reset a specific setting.

This same approach could in theory be applied to the wider Application Options dialogue rather than just the Prompts tab but that would be a nice start!

I would like to add another improvement to this. We need AT THE VERY LEAST, to have the "Prompts" information expandable. It is impossible to read all the prompt text without having to scroll sideways. This looks like a feature left in Beta development that no one ever test-used it, and therefore never found how incongruent it is:

Capture.JPG

Having the prompts divided in types/categories would also help locate and customize what you wish to.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so.
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

dakim930114
Enthusiast

Search bar in Application Program Option and document setting.

If I want to disable an option, I have to find the option's location and turn off the option.

If Inventor have a search bar in the application program option and document setting,

I can find easier than now like search command. 

Tags (1)
bob_holland
Autodesk Support

Can be reopened for voting?

SER4
Collaborator
mfoster9TD82
Advocate

I'd like this feature also, can this be reopened?

SER4
Collaborator
SER4
Collaborator

Here is yet another idea for the same thing...Autodesk @inv.ideareview / @bob_holland , please merge that one too:
Search prompts in application options by a "keyword" - autodesk

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2024.2. Please review the Inventor 2024.2 What's New article here. For more information regarding how you may leverage the feature, and please review this page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report