Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Use Named object for manage Drawing annotations edition

iLogic Use Named object for manage Drawing annotations edition

Hi, 

By using iLogic for part configuration, we also need to configure attached drawing.

Could you find a way (New name object feature?) to allow us to manage drawing annotation (Dimensions, Label, Balloon, Hole and Chamfer annotations, ...)?

Drawing annotation.PNG

Thanks

8 Comments
DRoam
Mentor

@fsanchou, a little late here, but can you provide more details about what you want? What does iLogic currently not do that you want it to do?

fsanchou
Advocate

Hi @DRoam ,

This concerns the case where we need a drawing automation process with iLogic.

We can “easily” create drawing document, place and scale drawingviews (with iLogic or API).

It’s more difficult to place annotation from scratch!

A first workaround is to create a specific template with annotation already placed.

Ok if references (edges, faces) don’t change. But if one reference is deleted, replace, etc., annotations will become in error. So this workaround is bad or we need template for EACH configurations.

Thanks

DRoam
Mentor

I think I see what you mean. You want to be able to "name" certain geometry on your part in order to annotate it more easily using iLogic? If so, you're in luck because this is already possible. You have a couple of options.

If you're using Inventor 2019 or newer, you can use the new "Named Geometry" tool. Documented briefly here: Inventor 2019 What's New: iLogic Enhancements: Use Assign Name to Identify Geometry for Constraints. There's also some articles and threads discussing how you can access those named geometries using API/iLogic for things like attaching drawing annotations:

If you don't have Inventor 2019 or newer, then you can use the API techniques discussed in those articles/threads to name geometry and access it purely via iLogic.

If you need any guidance with this, feel free to post a question in the Inventor customization forum, and the community can guide you through it.

fsanchou
Advocate

As you can see on my first image (where named label are visibles), I’am already luck to use 2019 version. And I know how iLogicEntityName are saved in AttributeSet.

Also, I know is possible to do that by API (DrawView,RefDoc,Entity,EntityPoxy,etc.), but it’s complex for iLogic’s users.

Suppose we want place programmatically place a simple dimension of part’s edge in assembly.

If we could have an iLogic feature like this :  Dimensions.AddAligned("View1", "componentArg", "entityName")

Like we have now Constraints.AddFlush, we can imagine this for each drawing annotations features :

Dimensions.AddVertical("View1", "componentArg1", "entityName1","componentArg2", "entityName2",textPosition)

HoleThreadNotes.AddByFeature("View1","HoleFeatName","componentArg","entityName",textPosition)

And for chamfer, label, balloon, and son on.

Regards,

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [3633]. Thanks!

DRoam
Mentor

@fsanchou, I see what you mean now -- using the same iLogic "Named Geometry" syntax for drawing annotations as we can for constraints. That's a really great idea! Your sample syntax looks great, that would be really nice to be able to do.

And it already got accepted! Awesome.

MjDeck
Autodesk

@fsanchou , @DRoam ,
Instead of going to the AttributeSets, you can use the NamedEntities iLogic API.

Dim namedEntities = iLogicVb.Automation.GetNamedEntities(ThisDoc.Document)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2021. iLogic (snippet) support for linear dimensions, angular dims, radius dims, diameter dimensions, balloons, centerlines, center marks and leader notes are now supported. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

iLogic2021.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report