Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding components through ‘parts list’ in drawing environment.

Finding components through ‘parts list’ in drawing environment.

Hi,

It would be nice to be able to see / locate the individual components in drawing environment through ‘Parts List’ placed on the drawing (see picture 1). I will give you an example situation. When I was tidying up the drawing I noticed that some of the components on the parts list are missing relevant iPropertie’s details. Sometimes I just end up with only balloon number, no other info filled yet. The problem now is to find this component in my assembly. The bigger the assembly the bigger this problem is. It would be very helpful to be able to locate or select or highlight the component in question through ‘parts list’ in drawing environment. Either right clicking on the component or hovering above the part icon and then it would highlight in red on the drawing views (similar to what’s available now if you navigate through the individual view properties on the right hand side (see picture 2)). That way it would save lots of time trying to locate this component, because sometimes it’s impossible to find it! The parts list allocates the balloon number, but if you don’t have a balloon placed on the view pointing to that component then you have no idea how that component looks like and where it is. Another scenario: very often I, as a design engineer, I get the question from assemblers/fitters ‘’Where is this component on the drawing?’’ If the drawing has lots of parts listed and multiple drawing sheets this becomes a big task to find the component at the moment. So it would be nice to navigate and find quickly through the parts list on inventor.

Thank you,

Ricardas

6 Comments
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so.
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be very helpful to get a repply to this problem, or someone could look into it.

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2024.2. Please review the Inventor 2024.2 What's New article here. For more information regarding how you may leverage the feature, and please review this page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report