Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display curves created with the Mark feature in a different color or layer in Inventor drawing.

Display curves created with the Mark feature in a different color or layer in Inventor drawing.

I would like to have the ability in drawings (idw) to set another color (or layer) for the curves created by Mark feature. Currently, it is not possible to distinguish the Mark lines from standard curves.
When exporting to a dxf, this works. Marked lines are displayed in the preset color. I would like this to be also controllable for Inventor drawings. 
This is important for me because when we laser-cut sheet metal, the engravings should be displayed in yellow.
I can create the engravings in the part and export them as dxf with marked lines in yellow, but when I create a drawing (idw), the marked lines appear as a standard black line. With other lines like bend lines or hidden lines I can also define beforehand via the layer which color the line should have, so why not also with marked lines?

4 Comments
jkuessnerkwl
Participant

Liebe Autodesk-Entwickler,

was beim Markieren nicht funktioniert ist die farbliche Darstellung von Markierungen in Zeichnungen (.idw) was zur Folge hat, dass man eine „markierte“ Linie nicht von einer Bauteilkante unterscheiden kann!

Beim Export in eine dxf funktioniert das. Markierte Linien werden in der voreingestellten Farbe dargestellt.

Warum werden diese nicht auch in der idw in der Farbe dargestellt die für diesen Layer eingestellt ist? 

Für mich ist das wichtig, da bei uns beim Laserschneiden von Blechen Gravuren in gelb dargestellt werden.

Die Gravuren kann ich zwar im Bauteil erstellen und als dxf mit Markierten Linien in gelb exportieren,

wenn ich aber eine Zeichnung erstelle erscheinen die Markierten Linien als schwarze Standartlinie.

Bei anderen Linien wie Biegelinien oder verdeckten Linien kann ich auch vorher über den Layer festlegen welche Farbe die Linie haben soll, warum also nicht auch bei markierten Linien?

TomaszDabrowski
Autodesk

Since engravings are normally manufactured with other machine settings (or another machine at all), it makes sense to make them on another layer, so the user can change the line color.

It is very common among mechanical designers that the engravings are displayed in different color on the drawings (typically in yellow).

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Many thanks for posting the idea to us, and tracked as [INVGEN-71336]

AJK2010
Enthusiast

Please vote on this Idea, its the same:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/setting-marked-lines-as-a-different-layer-when-placing... 

Please autodesk implement this idea, we need this!

@jkuessnerkwl @Yijiang.Cai @TomaszDabrowski 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report