Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derive sketch block in component - change from line to construction line / Skizzenblock in Bauteil ableiten - Änderung von Linie auf Konstruktionslinie

Derive sketch block in component - change from line to construction line / Skizzenblock in Bauteil ableiten - Änderung von Linie auf Konstruktionslinie

If sketch blocks are derived into another part, the lines are derived as they are. If the lines are changed later, e.g. change to construction line or the line properties (e.g. dashed instead of continuous), this is not adopted in the derivation.

For a better understanding, the following procedure:
1. A sketch is created in a part (component 1).
2. From the sketch is created in block
3. A new part is created (component 2).
4. In the new part (component 2), a derivation from component 1 is created. only the block is derived.
5. In component 1, a line is changed to a construction line.
6. The Component 2 is updated.

Result: In component 2, the line does not change to a construction line.

This behavior is impractical when working with derived sketch blocks. The sketch blocks in the derived part should adapt if the lines in the base part are changed.

-------------

Werden Skizzenblöcke in ein anderes Bauteil abgeleitet, werden die Linien wie sie sind abgeleitet. Bei späteren Änderungen der Linien z.B. Wechsel auf Konstruktionslinie oder der Linien-Eigenschaften (z.B. gestrichelt anstelle durchgehend), wird dies in der Ableitung nicht übernommen.

Zum besseren Verständnis folgendes Vorgehen:
1. Es wird in einem Bauteil eine Skizze erstellt (Bauteil 1).
2. Von der Skizze wird in Block erstellt
3. Es wird ein neues Bauteil erstellt (Bauteil 2).
4. In dem neuen Bauteile (Bauteil 2) wird eine Ableitung aus dem Bauteil 1 erstellt. es wird nur der Block abgeleitet.
5. Im Bauteil 1 wird einen Linie in einen Konstruktionslinie geändert.
6. Das Bauteil 2 wird aktualisiert.

Ergebnis: Im Bauteil 2 ändert sich die Linie nicht auf eine Konstruktionslinie.

Dieses Verhalten ist für das Arbeiten mit abgeleiteten Skizzenblöcken unpraktisch. Es sollten sich im abgeleiteten Bauteil die Skizzenblöcke anpassen, wenn in der Basiskomponente die Linien geändert werden.

8 Comments
Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@Frodl , This workflow works in Inventor 2022.1. The line type will be changed when it is changed in source document. You could ping me at river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com, and I will share the video with you. Here the video is unable to be attached.

What Inventor release you are using now?

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@Frodl , I suppose you have looked into my video. It should work for the idea here. You could have a try in Inventor 2022.1. If it works, I will close it as Implemented.

Thanks,
River

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This has been tracked as [INVGEN-55666]

leszeko
Contributor

This is verry anoying. Please fix it.

leszeko
Contributor

It is not only that. But if for example if a skecth block contains a circle  and a part which derives this skecthblock will use it in for example extrusion. Then, if on the source block the circle will be removed then the skecth block on a dervied part will not be updated. Never. The circle will remain on the derived skecth block. It's really irritating. It looks like the updateing of derived sketch blocks has serious issues.

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2023. Please review the Inventor 2023 What's New article here. For more information regarding how you may leverage the feature, please review this page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report