Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assembly constrain - change double click behavior to EDIT

assembly constrain - change double click behavior to EDIT

Hello Autodesk,

when I do a double click at a constrain, then I can Modify the value 😞 , for example the offset. But in 89,5% I would like to Edit this constrain. 🙂

KayRethmeier_0-1666591884543.png 

KayRethmeier_3-1666592100075.png

KayRethmeier_4-1666592140347.png

To Modify the value there is this nice browser functionality to directly change the value.  That must be enough. 

KayRethmeier_2-1666592006450.png

So to work in fast way we need this double click behavior for editing constrains instead of changing the silly value. Most of the constrains are set to 0. 

Cheers,

Kay

Principal CAD-Consultant

8 Comments
mikeh3
Collaborator

Never thought if it before can we do triple clicks?  Is that a thing in Windows?

1 = Highlight geometry involved w/ the constraint.

2= Edit value to keep it consistent w/ current product

3= Edit Constraint?

I'd do an extra click for that vs a right click and edit.  No reading involved in a triple click 😀

joeleeQ5MQ2
Contributor

Creo has a quick RMB and a click and hold RMB that opens two different menu options. I found it to be quite useful.

krupickaRZCS6
Advocate

yes, it would help a lot

This can't be hard to do

Would this administration take a lot of time?

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Many thanks for posting the idea, and tracked as [INVGEN-65943].

ChrisMitchell01
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

A solution for this Idea is now available for test in the Inventor Feedback/Beta Community. If you would like to try it then you can apply for access using http://Autode.sk/InventorBeta.

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2024.1. Please review the Inventor 2024.1 What's New article here. For more information regarding how you may leverage the feature, and please review this page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

krupickaRZCS6
Advocate

Joint why no? Why?!

Kay_Rethmeier
Advocate

Hi krupickaRZCS6,

the double-click behaviour is already implement now in the newest version.

From my point of view the joints are bad. Compared with normal constrains they involve ALL THE TIME edges. So if a part is modified afterwards by e.g. adding a fillet  the assembly will be in a not correct situation by 60%. 🤔

Second disadvantage is, that most of all Inventor-users are used to work with constrains. Using all kinds of joints and constrains will result in ~12+ different kinds of "fixations".

The only advantage is, that you will need 40% less clicks and a cleaner modeltree.

Regards

Kay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report