Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong view representation of Inventor assembly in Autocad

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JalarsenRV66Z
238 Views, 5 Replies

Wrong view representation of Inventor assembly in Autocad

Hi all,

i have an assembly of some pen equipment made in Inventor. My colleague works in Autocad with project drawings and wants to use my assembly in a layout, but when she opens it in Autocad the view representation of several of the components is in the wrong state- how can i change this?

view in inventor seen from above:

JalarsenRV66Z_0-1664444594987.png

view in autocad seen from above 

JalarsenRV66Z_1-1664444618617.png

i want the posts to be in this state from inventor, samlet

JalarsenRV66Z_2-1664444683372.png

but seems it opens in master view representation in autocad

JalarsenRV66Z_3-1664444710321.png

Can this be changed somehow?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Does it happen the same way when you try opening this in AutoCAD? Are you exporting the file to AutoCAD DWG first or simply opening an Inventor DWG in AutoCAD? Do you use any templates for exporting? Are you able to attach here a sample of part of your design so we can test the issue? Which version of AutoCAD and Inventor are you both using?
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply, we open the Inventor assembly file in Autocad via the import function included in Autocad, so we do not convert it to DWG first. Both Inventor and Autocad are 2021.versions.

Message 4 of 6

Hi! It looks like AutoCAD Import command does not support selecting a design view when opening an Inventor iam or ipt file. The only command supports it is VIEWBASE (to create an associative 2D drawing view of an Inventor iam or ipt file).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6

Hi, thank you for the reply, it seems we need to make the assembled version in the master view representation moving forward then- The reasoning for the different split up view in  the master as shown above is that it is a sales set representation, from which we export pictures to our ERP system for colleagues to see. And when you export image in Inventor it always jumps to master view representation, so we're gonna have to export images in a different way then.

Anyways, thanks again and a good day to you.

Message 6 of 6

Hi! If the design view is critical to this workflow, maybe you could export it as STEP. And then import it to AutoCAD via STEPIN. Either way isn't associative anyway.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report