Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2023.1 does not select object

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
hithere8
350 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2023.1 does not select object

Recently upgraded to 2023.1 then sometimes I can't select object (including components, parts, solid, face, etc.).

Reinstalled 2023, without update to 2023.1. It allows to select like expected. However a major bug was constraints don't work properly. Then I chose to upgrade to 2023.1. At the beginning, no object selection problem. But today, this object selection problem is back again. 

It happens in IAM, and IDW. Eg: I cannot select and move a view, nor can I move the view title.

Frustrating....

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: hithere8

Hi! This is an embarrassing regression on 2023.1. Please either enable Prehighlighting (Tools -> App Options -> Colors) or unload Fusion Interop Add-In (Tools -> Add-Ins). We are working on a fix. It should be available in the coming mini update to 2023.1.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 10
hithere8
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks very much Johnson, at least the workaround works.

Message 4 of 10
zgordon
in reply to: hithere8

Just Curious, if I am understanding the OP correctly, does this have to do with selecting and dragging like an Item bubble or even dimension, because I'm having a really hard time selecting items at times in drawings.

See the screen cast

https://autode.sk/3RzymbH
Message 5 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: zgordon

Hi! Yes, I believe all selection operations are impacted by this defect. Please either turn on Prehighlighting or unload Fusion Interop Add-In. The fix will be available on 2023.1.1 update.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 10
zgordon

This Bug still exists in the 2023.1.1 update! Its nearly impossible to select a Grip point in the IDW editor, if I am trying to grab a dimension and adjust I'd say I have to hit some magical spot and it finally grabs the object I am trying to move.

Added a New Screen Cast

https://autode.sk/3Ck9PBh

Also the workaround you posted does nothing to address this, the problem is still there, was this fix not added to the 2023.1.1 update?

Message 7 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! The particular issue captured in the screencast is a separate one. The selection bug on 2023.1 is in the Part and the Assembly environments, not in the Drawing environment.

I tried a simple case to reproduce the behavior captured in the video. But, I could not seem to reproduce it on 2023.1.1. Check out this option. Open the drawing and go to Tools -> Doc Settings -> Drawing -> Invalid Annotations -> what boxes are checked there?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 10
zgordon

See attached Screen capture

Message 9 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! Your settings are the same as mine. I cannot explain the behavior. Another place to check is Tools -> App Options -> General -> Locate Tolerance. Mine is set to 7. What is yours set to?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 10
zgordon

Eureka!!!

That was the trick hats off to you sir, mine set to 5 on my old machine this new one had it defaulted to 1, thank you for the assistance, oddly I never bothered to look here because I had imported all my settings from my last PC to this one but apparently it was defaulted to this 2.0 and 1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report