Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
507 Views, 4 Replies

Weld error

cant do a fillet weld today.. it worked fine yesterday... i dont know why this need to be so difficult.. i go and weld in real life quicker and easier than trying to weld in inventor.. sorry just pissed of at wasting time. and this is the 3rd time i have had to re write this post... as it keeps disappearing ffs

see stuff below

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

...i go and weld in real life quicker and easier than trying to weld in inventor..

From my one class in welding - I came to the determination that welding is an art.  My art did not look very aesthetically pleasing.

What size weld bead are you attempting? The faces are limited to 5mm.

Also - the Sketch 5 location for holes is not fully defined and the holes are off-center.

Message 3 of 5
TheCADWhisperer

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! The fillet weld should work. Did you select all faces in one selection? The fillet weld requires two sides of faces. Please share a video or describe the steps leading to the error.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thank you i realize now that it was because i changed the material thickness from 6mm to 5mm and the end of the day and when i started in the morning the weld was in error.. i still have so much to learn, and not the time to do it.

really appreciate the video cheers 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report