Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitchy inventor drop down menu's

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
robert_clarke1
349 Views, 3 Replies

Twitchy inventor drop down menu's

image.png

Has anybody else experienced very 'twitchy' drop down menu's when right clicking a component/feature from the model tree? Whenever I right click ANYTHING, if i move my mouse even minutely straight after clicking, Inventor automatically selects whichever option my mouse is hovering over. So quite often a component might become invisible or Inventor might select 'create note'. It has only happened since upgrading to 2018 and occurs every singly time I use the software. I have checked my autodesk desktop app and all available updates are installed. So I wondered in that case if there is maybe an option within application options to stop this from happening?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: robert_clarke1

Welcome to the community!

This is a known issue that Autodesk has supposedly fixed in the upcoming 2018.2 update.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/odd-right-click-behavior/m-p/7446033#M662780

We're all eagerly awaiting the release of that update, you are not alone. Smiley Wink

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 4

Hi Robert,

Yes, indeed this is the right-click Marking Menu issue. The behavior should be fixed in the coming 2018.2 Update. If you cannot wait for the fix, you could consider turning off Marking Menu (go to View -> User Interface -> uncheck Marking Menu).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4

Thanks both, didn't realise it was a common issue but glad it isn't just me experiencing this. Will keep an eye out for the update. Much appreciated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report