Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning in Student Work in the Classroom

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1151 Views, 6 Replies

Turning in Student Work in the Classroom

I am a High School teacher and I use Inventor in 4 of my classes that I teach.  I was wondering if any other teachers are able to chime in as to a good way for students to turn in files to me for grading, everything from single part files to assemblies including sub-assemblies, part files, drawings, etc.  Currently i'm using Google Classroom, where I can post an assignment and students can turn in files to me through there, they are then put into a Google Drive folder where I can access them.  This works to an extent, but as assignments get more and more files associated with them such as assemblies a single assignment folder can become in excess 350 different files, and Google just dumps all student work into one folder, making it take forever to sort through, download and grade.

TL;DR... I'm currently use Google Drive for students to turn in work, but am looking for a simpler solution for students to turn in work...any suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

I create folders for each class on https://myhub.autodesk360.com

In each folder I create a sub-folder with student name.

I might also create a project folder within each student's folder, for example Week 1, Week 2...

The only problem is that all the students have access to each other's work.
I encourage my students to take a look at their classmate's work and try to do better as a competition.

But you must lay down the law about cheating right up front.

myhub.png

Message 3 of 7

Hi Teachers,

If you need help find a cheater, we have techniques to identify suspects. Let me know if you want to know more (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Hi Students.

Please don't cheat. Learning to use Inventor Professional is fun. It may help you find a job. But, it will definitely help you in a long run. Most mechanical CAD programs work fairly similarly. Once you pick up Inventor, you can learn others fairly quickly.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I'm interested in your techniques for preventing and catching cheaters.  You can contact me at mnolan[at]citytech.cuny[dot]edu or martin[dot]nolan[at]gmail[dot]com.

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for your reply! I will send you an email and share the technique. I need to make sure you are an educator first.

Thanks again!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I teach at City Tech, Mechanical Dept. Phone number is on the website,
speak to Ekoe, the secretary. Good enough?
Message 7 of 7
Frederick_Law

Teach students to use Pack and Go to create a Zip file for upload.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report