Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE APPEARANCE IN MY ASSEMBLY DOESN'T WANT TO CHANGE.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
john.vanderhoven
192 Views, 5 Replies

THE APPEARANCE IN MY ASSEMBLY DOESN'T WANT TO CHANGE.

No matter what I do (limited knowledge) I cant change the appearance in this assembly to an Aluminium-flat. See attached screen dump. Does anybody know why? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: john.vanderhoven

To be clear: you have selected a component and then tried (how?) to assign a different appearance to it, but the appearance does not change.  Did I understand correctly?

What version of Inventor are you using?

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2023.0.1 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 3 of 6
john.vanderhoven
in reply to: SBix26

I did select the top most item in the assembly browser, selected different items down the browser tree with no difference.

Message 4 of 6

Hi John,

I suspect the particular part has either face color or feature color. These colors have higher priority than body color and whole part color. Please share the part here. The forum experts can help take a look.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6

I always have problems when I'm not in the Primary ViewRep (was previously called Master) at the .ipt level when I make a color change that I need to "stick" globally.

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mluterman

Hi Mitchell,

In terms of color override, Part Design View should behave the same as Assembly Design View. The only difference is that in a Primary DV, the part appearance can be changed, while the assembly appearance cannot be changed.

The non-Primary DVs are all overrides to the Primary DV.

It sounds like you may have encountered a defective behavior. Please share an example that exhibits the behavior. I would like to understand it better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report