Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Thickness

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1733 Views, 7 Replies

Text Thickness

I have been trying to find a way to make the text in my title block thicker when printing. I used the ticker vertion of the font style and bolded it, but it is still not enough. Is there any reliable/easy way to make the text thicker. Thank you for your help.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No one has an answer? If I am not clear in my first post please let me know where to try and clarify.

Message 3 of 8
-niels-

From your problem description i believe you were already on the right track, i don't know if there's any other method besides using a bolder/thicker font type. (and setting it to bold.)

It might help if you post a screenshot of what you have and what you would like it to be.
The font you're using would be good information as well.

And just to make sure: it's not a printing problem right? What you see on screen is the same when printed?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

This is what I currently have

orig.png

This is more so what I want(edited in paint.net). 

want.png

I am using RomanS_IV25(thicker than RomanS and same as RomanS_IV50) and all text is bolded(althought it doesn't seem to have an effect)

And you are correct, this isnt a printing problem persay, but I don't know if it could be solved with the print options possibly.

Message 5 of 8
-niels-

Ok, i've checked the font and it doesn't seem there is a bolder version.
You'll probably have to start looking for a different (similar) font.

I also tried changing the stretch value, but that also didn't seem to have any real effect on the thickness...

(as a suggestion, i've read a post saying "open sans condensed" is rather similar)

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: -niels-

What you "currently" have looks much better IMO..

And I'm even from the US where getting "fatter" is the norm.  Smiley LOL

There is only so much you can do.. If a font isn't suitable there are thousands more to pick from.. Or just learn to create/modify your own TTF.. Selling "Bloated RomanS" could be your retirement plan Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

mcgyvr, I agree about the looks. Unfortunately the text gets really small when people print it scaled down on a smaller page, so we are worried about legibility, but we also don't want to change what we had in AutoCAD.
Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:
, but we also don't want to change what we had in AutoCAD.

boom.. I knew that was the real issue.. 

Do you still light a fire by rubbing 2 sticks together? Smiley Tongue

You have defined a problem with the current font yet the solution is SO simple.

Just change the font.  Go Arial or whatever and don't look back. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report