Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spell check for title block

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
NorfolkSpecialties
367 Views, 7 Replies

Spell check for title block

Is there a way to spell check the words in the title block. I know you can spell check words in the drawing area but I am not sure how or if you can spell check the title block entry's.

Thanks

MJP

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: NorfolkSpecialties

Spell check only works in the format text dialog box

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8

Hi! Brian is right. You need to edit the text in the titleblock in order to enable spell check. It does not parse any text object in a file automatically.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 8

This is the box I use to populate my title box.

There is no way to spell check his box before i enter it into the title block I believe.

Am I using the right way to fill in my title block. I s there a different way that allows spell check.

Thanks

MJP

Message 5 of 8

@NorfolkSpecialties 

That's the prompted entry interface..   Spell check doesn't work in that dialog because its not a true text editing dialog.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: NorfolkSpecialties

@NorfolkSpecialties wrote:

This is the box I use to populate my title box.

There is no way to spell check his box before i enter it into the title block I believe.

Am I using the right way to fill in my title block. I s there a different way that allows spell check.

Thanks

MJP

Your attachment isn't working for me but there is no way to spell check prompted title block field data upon entry or prior to saving or whatever.. 

Inventor only supports spell checking in the normal format text dialog box.. Nothing more.. Nothing less.. Limited to that ONLY..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr 

You have to download the image to your machine and use your image software tool.

@NorfolkSpecialties 

Prompted entry is a useful tool outside of using normal iProperties in your titleblock.   But as @mcgyvr  pointed out, spell check won't work in that dialog or interface.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

@mcgyvr 

You have to download the image to your machine and use your image software tool.

@Mark.Lancaster  No.. Autodesk needs to fix their "#*it 😋 😁

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report