Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow performance opening constraints in inventor 2018.2

56 REPLIES 56
SOLVED
Message 1 of 57
Anonymous
5270 Views, 56 Replies

Slow performance opening constraints in inventor 2018.2

I Have all the latest updates using Inventor 2018.2 and I am now having issue opening the constraints button from clicking to opening can take up to 5 seconds before the constraints window opens up.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Dave

Tags (1)
56 REPLIES 56
Message 2 of 57
martin.jacko
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

There are lot of threads about that issue.

For example

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/windows-10-fall-creator-update-inventor-performance-is...

Try to uninstall windows update KB4043961.

Thanks,

Martin

Message 3 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: martin.jacko

Checked for this update but it is not in the list of updates in the control panel. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Message 4 of 57
blair

Logging out of Windows and logging back in seems to shorten the wait time. It's still not a quick as the "Joints" command but it's no longer a 5-sec wait.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 57
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

I have just been noticing this too..

Is this know a "known/common" issue as far as Autodesk is concerned? aka they are actively working on fixing it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 57
mcgyvr
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

I have just been noticing this too..

Is this know a "known/common" issue as far as Autodesk is concerned? aka they are actively working on fixing it?

Nevermind.. found it..

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 57
blair

Yes, it did. Did a search before I was going to post the issue. The thought of having to go through the uninstall of the "1709" update as well as the "KB" port didn't seem like an adequate fix/workaround.

The log-out/log-in keeps the delay to an acceptable level until 2018.2.1 or 2018.3 comes out. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 57
Anonymous

I have this probelm too. It appeared after i did the latest inventor patch install. Worked fine before that.

It only seems to affect the constrain command, all the others work normally.

Message 9 of 57
johnsonshiue

Hi! We are working on a solution to restore the performance. It should be available soon.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 57
mcgyvr
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I added this KB and it seemed to have fixed the issue per the support article above and it fixed the issue as far as I can tell..

Constraints are now instant again..

November 30, 2017—KB4051963 (OS Build 16299.98) 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051963/windows-10-update-kb4051963

Direct link to the KB update is here..

I just downloaded the last link there and it worked great..

2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4051963)

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4051963

Message 11 of 57
blair

I've applied the patch as well. The Constraints command is still just a tick slower than the Joint command (about twice the wait time between box appearing). 

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 57
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

@Anonymous wrote:

I've applied the patch as well. The Constraints command is still just a tick slower than the Joint command (about twice the wait time between box appearing). 

yes when comparing it to joints the constraints do seem to fire up slower..

Message 13 of 57
Anonymous

I have installed the recommended KB update as suggested but I still have a lag on the constraints opening time.

But thanks for the recommendation.

Message 14 of 57
blair

I'm starting to see increased wait times for the Constraint command even after the MS patch. The log-out and log back in quickens the command appearance but it's still a longer wait than the Joint command.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 15 of 57
C.Geerts6948

After a windows update I also have to wait 3 to 5 seconds before the constraint menu pops up. It is quiet annoying. Is there a simple solution?

Message 16 of 57
mcgyvr
in reply to: C.Geerts6948

@C.Geerts6948 wrote:

After a windows update I also have to wait 3 to 5 seconds before the constraint menu pops up. It is quiet annoying. Is there a simple solution?

Currently it seems that the only proven solution is to uninstall the Windows 10 creator update per the instructions above..

They (Autodesk) are currently working on a "better" solution

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-use-the-ro...

Message 17 of 57

Did you find a fix for the slow constraint box opening.

Message 18 of 57

Rolling back the windows update did do the trick. The constraint menu is now as fast as in the past. Nevetheless I've got a new issue after updating the driver off the graphics card. Some icons of the ribbon bar stay grayed out, can't click them. After a while they become active again.At least I think it is due to that update.

That update I will also roll back. Those damned computers, a never ending story I am affraid 🙂

regards

Message 19 of 57

my computer has the latest windows installed when we put it together so rolling back is no option 

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 57

Hmmm. that's bad. Maybe a new install with an older build of windows 10.after that download wushowhide.diagcab. this is a program which you can use to prevent selected updates to be installed. It is a microsoft thing, you should google it how to use etc. Bad part is, this takes a few hours before you are back on track. 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report