Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplify navigation in the model tree

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dylanasafe
628 Views, 4 Replies

Simplify navigation in the model tree

When you click on an item on your model it would be great to be able to see where that item is in the model tree.  Currently this does not seem to be possible.  This would be a big help when working on older models, models that are large, or ones that were created by another user.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kennyj
in reply to: dylanasafe

dylanasafe,

This exists already for assemblies:

Right Click on the object in the model and choose "Find in Browser" - it will move the time to the top of the browser and high light it.  The reverse is true, also - in the Browser Right Click an item and choose "Find in Window" (or End hotkey).

To clarify you are looking for this feature on Part files?

Message 3 of 5
dylanasafe

Thank you.

It is a part file I am looking at.  However, when I right click on a feature I just get the options shown in the below image.

Sorry, I'm new to Inventor.

inventor image.jpg

Message 4 of 5
DRoam

@dylanasafe, since you're in a part, you need to enable Feature selection mode. Currently you're just selecting a face which is not a feature in the Browser, so "Find in Browser" won't be possible.

All you need to do is switch to Feature selection mode by holding down Shift and then right-clicking, and then choosing "Feature Priority".

Message 5 of 5
dylanasafe

@DRoam

Thank you.  That has solved the problem and will make things a lot easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report