Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared views is greyed out - so i cannot create the shared view within inventor

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
jla9A94K
793 Views, 13 Replies

shared views is greyed out - so i cannot create the shared view within inventor

normally there is a button within the shared views panel that you can click to create a shared view. creating the shared view by opening the file from the web browser does not do a good job and you cannot select the appropriate representation.

this happens with any file that i open now. it may have been 3-4 weeks since i last created a shared view.

-> using inventor 2021, it is up to date.

turning the computer off and then turning the computer back on again did not solve the problem. the problem is persistent and it does not matter if it is a part or an assembly.

-> note that for just a second there is something that will appear in the shared views pane only the first time you open the shared views pane after starting inventor.

this post did not solve my problem: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/grayed-out-share-view/td-p/9697617

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: jla9A94K
Message 3 of 14
jla9A94K
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

you are correct that it the shared views is related to sign in, unfortunately neither approach fixed the problem

the listed registry key is already 1

c/users/(user)/appdata was changed to visible with no effect (my folder structure is not exactly the same). Note that I do not have c/users/public/appdata

anyway, I am logged in but its just that the collaborate does not see that.

Thank you

Message 4 of 14
johnsonshiue

Hi Folks,

One thing you may want to try is to clear out the browser cache. The connected services are mostly done in an internal browser. To boost performance, some data is cached. However, sometimes the cache might become corrupted.

Close Inventor, find the following folder, and delete the files under \Cache\.

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 202x\WebBrowser\Cache

Restart Inventor. Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 14
jla9A94K
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Deleting the cache did not work for me.

I went through and did it twice (the files reappear after re-opening Inventor). I restarted windows as well.

Thanks your efforts!

Jesse

Message 6 of 14
tobias.neubert

Same problem on our 5 workstations with Inventor 2021 since last week. We used shared views very often so just days before all works fine. And the login on the web page is succesfull, only the panel in Inventor keeps grey either logged in or not.

Hopefully there comes a solution by Autodesk very soon.
Message 7 of 14
jla9A94K
in reply to: tobias.neubert

I wonder if this issue is fairly common... All users at my office are experiencing the same issue. We're all using Inventor 2021 and Windows 10. I would be very curious to know if all Inventor 2021 users are experiencing this.

In my office we only tend to create a new shared view every month or two, so we use it but its not used very frequently.

Does anyone use Inventor 2021 and not experience this issue? Are you using Windows 10?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 14
tobias.neubert

We are using Win 10 also.

I have already Inventor 2023 installed parallel (next week is planned to upgrade to Vault 2023), so I could already test it there. And surprisingly with Inventor 2023 the Shared Views panel works fine as usual! Only with Inventor 2021 this problem appears.
Message 9 of 14
johnsonshiue

Hi Folks,

The issue is being actively investigated by project teams. It seems to apply only to 2021. There was a change in terms of how user authentication was done, which led to a regression like this in 2021. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

The cache removal I mentioned above would not address this particular issue in 2021.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 14
jla9A94K
in reply to: johnsonshiue

thank you!

Message 11 of 14

Just use this code to make shared views 

Sub Main()
	ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("cmdCreateViewShare").Execute

End Sub

this is not just a problem in 2021 .. I have the problem in an 2020 as well. I have made an Marco to made a button that run this code ..as a work around unstill Autodesk fix this problem ... refresing shared view can be done on the web 

Message 12 of 14

this problem seens to be fix now 🙂 give the project teams my thanks :)we are using inventor 2020 full updated version

Message 13 of 14
tobias.neubert

I can confirm, since today it works fine on Inventor 2021 again. Thanks a lot to the team!

Message 14 of 14
jla9A94K
in reply to: tobias.neubert

shared views now works for me as well. 

I appreciate the efforts from those who fixed it. At my company we're probably going to be another few months before we upgrade to 2023 and the shared views is pretty handy even though its not used on a daily basis.

In the last couple days I had to do a pack and go and then upload manually, its not terribly difficult but the tool embedded in inventor is so much better.

Also, I meant to try out the ilogic snippet but things have been hectic and I have not. Thank you for posting this work around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report