Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create shared view Inventor 2020

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
simon.bak
2171 Views, 10 Replies

Cannot create shared view Inventor 2020

Hello,

Since I have been using Inventor 2020 I am unable to use the shared view functionality. When I click 'Share View' while working in a random part or assembly, I get the following error: 'Unable to upload shared view. Please try again.' See screenshot attached.

I have been using this functionality flawlessly in Inventor 2019. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Simon

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
xianhua.chen
in reply to: simon.bak

Hi Simon, 
Do you see this error always? Or it just randomly happens?
Generally, this dialog means some network issue happened. Does 'Retry' work for you?

Xianhua Chen
PDMS Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 11
simon.bak
in reply to: xianhua.chen

Hi Xianhua, 

Thanks for your reply. The error occurs every time, ever since I have been using IV2020. I do not have any other network related problems.

Simon

Message 4 of 11
xianhua.chen

Is your Inventor 2020 side by side installed with Inventor 2019? Could you unload all the Invetor add-ins and try again?

Xianhua Chen
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 11
simon.bak

Thanks again. Unfortunately no difference. 

Message 6 of 11
xianhua.chen

Do you have Inventor 2019 installed on the same machine? Does it work good?

Do your colleagues have the same issue on their computers?

Could you open https://viewer.autodesk.com/ and upload your file directly to see whether it is good or not?

Xianhua Chen
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 11
simon.bak

Sorry for not replying earlier. Uploading a file within the web interface works flawlessly. Thanks for the link, I did not know such feature existed. 

Uploading a shared view from Inventor (Build 239, 2020.1) itself still does not work. 

I do not have Inventor 2019 anymore. Colleagues can use the shared view feature without any problems (2020).

Message 8 of 11
xianhua.chen

I could not think of other case that might cause the problem right now, it is possible that Shared View uploading component might have conflict with your local software or configuration. 
If you could share your desktop to us, we might be able to investigate more, email me by 'xianhua.chen@autodesk.com' if nessecray.

Xianhua Chen
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 11
simon.bak

I finally discovered the reason for this problem today. The folder AppData in C:\Users\Public was not set to 'visible' in the folder properties. Apperently this prevented the uploading application from operating properly. Works like a charm now. 

Message 10 of 11
Jeff.Cabanas

Hi, I'm having similar issues that you had and this is the only thread I have found that's remotely close to the issue. Can you expand more on the solution that you found?

Message 11 of 11
simon.bak
in reply to: Jeff.Cabanas

Hello Jeff.

What worked for me was going to this location in Windows Explorer: C:\Users\Public.

Then I clicked right mouse button on the folder 'AppData' and unchecked 'hidden' (all the way at the bottom). 

Here is a screenshot, but my Windows is set to Dutch. The checkbox is called 'Verborgen' here.

simonbak_0-1660716474735.png

Hope this helps for you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report