Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root Element Is Missing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
lancerichmond
5984 Views, 10 Replies

Root Element Is Missing

Anybody else getting a long message box pop up saying a whole bunch of stuff about "root element is missing"? This is causing some of my .idw files refusing to update the part and assembly files in the drawings..... See my screenshot.....

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
asiteur
in reply to: lancerichmond

Hmmmm,

Looks like there's an issue with your Inventor Installation.

When do you get this message? Only when opening certain files, or directy when you open Inventor?

Alexander Siteur
Project Engineer at MARIN | NL
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 11

Only when I start Inventor.......

Regards,

Lance Richmond

Draughtsman

A division of ACTOM (Pty) Ltd

Tel: 011 607 1739

Fax: 086 524 0757

Cell: 082 778 0765/0825667322

Email: lancer@mandc.co.za

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

his email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and automatically archived by Mimecast SA (Pty) Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Mimecast Unified Email Management (UEM) offers email continuity, security, archiving and compliance with all current legislation. To find out more, visit http://www.mimecast.co.za/uem.
Message 4 of 11
asiteur

Oke that sounds like some of your installation files are corrupt.

I would suggest you do a clean install.

You could try to reset Inventor first with the Reset Utility

But maybe there's gonna be someone else here on the forum who has seen the specific issue before.

Alexander Siteur
Project Engineer at MARIN | NL
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 11
SBix26

My first thought is that it is a problem with an add-in.  Do you have any add-ins loading besides what comes with Inventor?

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2017.3.1
Vault Workgroup 2017.0.1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Inventor Certified Professional

Message 6 of 11
mdavis22569
in reply to: SBix26

Turn off your Vault add-in and see if that helps

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 11

@lancerichmond

The problem is related to a corrupt XML file.  Attach to this posting is a good version of the XML in zipped format.  Just exit Inventor and save/unzip the attached XML to the directory in the the message and restart Inventor.  You don't need to do anything else.

Update:  Sorry..  It would help if I attached the file..  Too early..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you for posting this file!  It solved the same issue for me after having tried everything else.

Message 9 of 11
lancerichmond
in reply to: SBix26

Hi everyone, looks like it was my Addin by Coolorange. Their thread modeler is not yet compatible with Autodesk Inventor 2018. Once removed, problem solved. 

Thanks for all your help guys....

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: asiteur

I had exactly the same problem, and the Reset Utility took care of it.

Message 11 of 11
forbillian
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Awesome Help Mark.  Sorted the issue for me.

Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report