Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R 8.0 Default Hotkey Spreadsheet

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
244 Views, 10 Replies

R 8.0 Default Hotkey Spreadsheet

Well, didn't get any response from my 'DUMB Hotkeys' posting, so I
guess there isn't any interest in this spreadsheet.

Anyways, I made it for myself, and it's attached if anyone wants it.

If anyone has some suggestions, corrections, changes, please let me know.
--
Aaron R. Friedman
ARF Designs
melech_g@excite.com
Attachment not added (too large): "Inventor R8 Default Hotkeys.xls"
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That's pretty neat... -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Aaron R. Friedman" wrote in message news:4033A51F.5050002@excite.com... > Well, didn't get any response from my 'DUMB Hotkeys' posting, so I > guess there isn't any interest in this spreadsheet. > > Anyways, I made it for myself, and it's attached if anyone wants it. > > If anyone has some suggestions, corrections, changes, please let me know. > -- > Aaron R. Friedman > ARF Designs > melech_g@excite.com >
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks Aaron! Nice job! -- Dave Hoder Product Design Engineer idX Seattle www.idxcorporation.com "Aaron R. Friedman" wrote in message news:4033A51F.5050002@excite.com... > Well, didn't get any response from my 'DUMB Hotkeys' posting, so I > guess there isn't any interest in this spreadsheet. > > Anyways, I made it for myself, and it's attached if anyone wants it. > > If anyone has some suggestions, corrections, changes, please let me know. > -- > Aaron R. Friedman > ARF Designs > melech_g@excite.com >
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Aaron: That's pretty slick. Thanks for sharing. On my machine, some of the text alignment hid some information. Changing the alignment from bottom to centre helped. Also, I think there's a typo in the numeric Enter. Otherwise awesome. Richard Aaron R. Friedman wrote: > Well, didn't get any response from my 'DUMB Hotkeys' posting, so I > guess there isn't any interest in this spreadsheet. > > Anyways, I made it for myself, and it's attached if anyone wants it. > > If anyone has some suggestions, corrections, changes, please let me know.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

How are you able to see the attachment? I see on his post saying that the attachment was to large tp post.
Doug
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I am using the NNTP interface (not the web interface) -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "ddupont" wrote in message news:15698293.1077131048487.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > How are you able to see the attachment? I see on his post saying that the attachment was to large tp post. > Doug
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

It sure would be nice if those of us on the web based side were able to see it.

Alan M. Etzkorn
Nixon Tool Co. INC.
http://www.nixontool.com
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks Aaron. I hope this highlights to the developers some of the many inconsistencies in the hotkeys. There are also inconsistencies in the RMB menus as well, eg, RMB "I" used to always bring up the isometric view, now in R8 it works only sometimes. How about a kotkey for "Edit Feature" or "Edit Sketch" ("S" will sometimes share a sketch, and you have to have the sketch exposed in the browser (click, click, click......). In general, I'm baffled by the slow introduction of keyboard input into Inventor. Eight releases to get user-definable hotkeys! This was, to me, a tremendous strength in AutoCAD, and the logic of 43 bazillion mouse clicks a day in Inventor without keyboard input has been a major shortcoming. I hope you post spurs some response. G "Aaron R. Friedman" wrote in message news:4033A51F.5050002@excite.com... > Well, didn't get any response from my 'DUMB Hotkeys' posting, so I > guess there isn't any interest in this spreadsheet. > > Anyways, I made it for myself, and it's attached if anyone wants it. > > If anyone has some suggestions, corrections, changes, please let me know. > -- > Aaron R. Friedman > ARF Designs > melech_g@excite.com >
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Just wanted to mention a few things. I, too, was really upset that INV did not have Hotkeys when it first came out. I was an avid user of them in MDT. I don't like Panels, Toolbars, or pull downs. Why not put your left hand to work as much as your right. I am so much faster with Hotkeys. For this reason I have never ventured forth into the world of 3D controllers. I know I would probably love them, but I don't want to be going back and forth between a controller and my Hotkeys. (Yes I know you can program keys on a controller, but not all the Hotkeys I use) Anyways, I waited and complained for the Hotkeys. I believe I had some affect on them finally getting implimented. (I talked with some people at Autodesk, here in Oregon.) And now I am very happy to have them. (except for the DUMB items) This is how I set things up on my system. Because the Windows Accelerators are reserved for ALT modifiers, I don't bother putting any of my Hotkeys there. (It's interesting that SW allows modification of ALT modifier Hotkeys) And because the standard Windows Management Hotkeys use the CTRL modifiers, I put very few customized Hotkeys there. I don't want to lose my Ctrl-Z: Undo, etc. (Why does Inventor let you change these and not the ALT?) So, the vast majority of my Hotkeys are unmodified keys or SHIFT modified keys. I have set the 'Right Side button' of my 5-button mouse to SHIFT, so I don't have to pull my hand from the mouse or stretch the fingers of my left hand. I've put my filled in spreadsheet up on the wall and refer to it as I learn them. The learning goes pretty quickly. The only problem I see, is if I have to temporarily use someone else machine. (temporarily, in that, I sit down and show them something; not worth importing my hotkeys) -- Aaron R. Friedman ARF Designs
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Just to add to this... you say: "I am so much faster with Hotkeys. For this reason I have never ventured forth into the world of 3D controllers. " There are quite a few of us who don't even use the buttons on your 3D controllers. For me it's the ability to rotate, pan and zoom while picking and selecting. Just my 2 cents. -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Aaron R. Friedman" wrote in message news:4033D4CA.5070105@excite.com... > > Just wanted to mention a few things. > > > I, too, was really upset that INV did not have Hotkeys when it first > came out. I was an avid user of them in MDT. I don't like Panels, > Toolbars, or pull downs. Why not put your left hand to work as much as > your right. > I am so much faster with Hotkeys. For this reason I have never ventured > forth into the world of 3D controllers. I know I would probably love > them, but I don't want to be going back and forth between a controller > and my Hotkeys. (Yes I know you can program keys on a controller, but > not all the Hotkeys I use) > > Anyways, I waited and complained for the Hotkeys. I believe I had some > affect on them finally getting implimented. (I talked with some people > at Autodesk, here in Oregon.) > > And now I am very happy to have them. (except for the DUMB items) > > This is how I set things up on my system. > > Because the Windows Accelerators are reserved for ALT modifiers, > I don't bother putting any of my Hotkeys there. > (It's interesting that SW allows modification of ALT modifier Hotkeys) > > And because the standard Windows Management Hotkeys use the CTRL > modifiers, I put very few customized Hotkeys there. > I don't want to lose my Ctrl-Z: Undo, etc. > (Why does Inventor let you change these and not the ALT?) > > So, the vast majority of my Hotkeys are unmodified keys or SHIFT > modified keys. > I have set the 'Right Side button' of my 5-button mouse to SHIFT, > so I don't have to pull my hand from the mouse or stretch the fingers of > my left hand. > > I've put my filled in spreadsheet up on the wall and refer to it as I > learn them. The learning goes pretty quickly. > > The only problem I see, is if I have to temporarily use someone else > machine. (temporarily, in that, I sit down and show them something; not > worth importing my hotkeys) > > > > -- > Aaron R. Friedman > ARF Designs >
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Here's another: how about the "Enter" key instead of having to mouse click the "Return" button on the std toolbar. Make's sense to me.... G "Aaron R. Friedman" wrote in message news:4033D4CA.5070105@excite.com... > > Just wanted to mention a few things. > > > I, too, was really upset that INV did not have Hotkeys when it first > came out. I was an avid user of them in MDT. I don't like Panels, > Toolbars, or pull downs. Why not put your left hand to work as much as > your right. > I am so much faster with Hotkeys. For this reason I have never ventured > forth into the world of 3D controllers. I know I would probably love > them, but I don't want to be going back and forth between a controller > and my Hotkeys. (Yes I know you can program keys on a controller, but > not all the Hotkeys I use) > > Anyways, I waited and complained for the Hotkeys. I believe I had some > affect on them finally getting implimented. (I talked with some people > at Autodesk, here in Oregon.) > > And now I am very happy to have them. (except for the DUMB items) > > This is how I set things up on my system. > > Because the Windows Accelerators are reserved for ALT modifiers, > I don't bother putting any of my Hotkeys there. > (It's interesting that SW allows modification of ALT modifier Hotkeys) > > And because the standard Windows Management Hotkeys use the CTRL > modifiers, I put very few customized Hotkeys there. > I don't want to lose my Ctrl-Z: Undo, etc. > (Why does Inventor let you change these and not the ALT?) > > So, the vast majority of my Hotkeys are unmodified keys or SHIFT > modified keys. > I have set the 'Right Side button' of my 5-button mouse to SHIFT, > so I don't have to pull my hand from the mouse or stretch the fingers of > my left hand. > > I've put my filled in spreadsheet up on the wall and refer to it as I > learn them. The learning goes pretty quickly. > > The only problem I see, is if I have to temporarily use someone else > machine. (temporarily, in that, I sit down and show them something; not > worth importing my hotkeys) > > > > -- > Aaron R. Friedman > ARF Designs >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report