Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer IV Assembly to Autocad Mech DX

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
325 Views, 12 Replies

Transfer IV Assembly to Autocad Mech DX

Hi Group, can someone please tell me if it is possible to transfer an Inventor 8 assembly to Autocad Mechanical 2004 DX. Not just transfer a part of the assembly but the whole assembly. Cheers Mike Hetherton Down Under
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you want a 3d model then save as ACIS (*.SAT) in Inventor and use ACISIN in AutoCAD to import the model. If you mean a 2d drawing then open the IDW in Inventor and File > Save copy As and set filetype to DWG. Hope this is what you're after Regards Rory "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message news:4033dc94_1@newsprd01... > Hi Group, can someone please tell me if it is possible to transfer an > Inventor 8 assembly to Autocad Mechanical 2004 DX. Not just transfer a part > of the assembly but the whole assembly. > > Cheers > Mike Hetherton > Down Under > > >
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks Rory, I failed to mention, is it possible to bring in an assembly to DX and maintain "The Companion File" Status. But the 3d model option you talk of maybe worth a shot. Cheers Mike Hetherton Down Under "Rory" wrote in message news:4033dd14_2@newsprd01... > If you want a 3d model then save as ACIS (*.SAT) in Inventor and use ACISIN > in AutoCAD to import the model. > > If you mean a 2d drawing then open the IDW in Inventor and File > Save copy > As and set filetype to DWG. > > > Hope this is what you're after > > Regards > > Rory > > > "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message > news:4033dc94_1@newsprd01... > > Hi Group, can someone please tell me if it is possible to transfer an > > Inventor 8 assembly to Autocad Mechanical 2004 DX. Not just transfer a > part > > of the assembly but the whole assembly. > > > > Cheers > > Mike Hetherton > > Down Under > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Try making a derived component of the assembly and then import the part into DX. "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message news:4033df56_3@newsprd01... > Thanks Rory, > > I failed to mention, is it possible to bring in an assembly to DX and > maintain "The Companion File" Status. > > But the 3d model option you talk of maybe worth a shot. > > Cheers > Mike Hetherton > Down Under
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I thought you were supposed to be able to open the Inventor files directly using DX. I don't know how to do it but that is what my reseller told me was one of the new things for DX. ??? "Rory" wrote in message news:4033dd14_2@newsprd01... > If you want a 3d model then save as ACIS (*.SAT) in Inventor and use ACISIN > in AutoCAD to import the model. > > If you mean a 2d drawing then open the IDW in Inventor and File > Save copy > As and set filetype to DWG. > > > Hope this is what you're after > > Regards > > Rory > > > "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message > news:4033dc94_1@newsprd01... > > Hi Group, can someone please tell me if it is possible to transfer an > > Inventor 8 assembly to Autocad Mechanical 2004 DX. Not just transfer a > part > > of the assembly but the whole assembly. > > > > Cheers > > Mike Hetherton > > Down Under > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

You can, but only single parts (IPT files) Assemblies can't be detailed in DX. Also, I'd forgotten this completely when I typed my original response... Regards Rory "Kirk A." wrote in message news:4033e548_2@newsprd01... > I thought you were supposed to be able to open the Inventor files directly > using DX. I don't know how to do it but that is what my reseller told me > was one of the new things for DX.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

ipt's only, not iam's. So the only way to companion an iam is to derive it to a part file. darvin "Kirk A." wrote in message news:4033e548_2@newsprd01... > I thought you were supposed to be able to open the Inventor files directly > using DX. I don't know how to do it but that is what my reseller told me > was one of the new things for DX. > > ??? > > > "Rory" wrote in message > news:4033dd14_2@newsprd01... > > If you want a 3d model then save as ACIS (*.SAT) in Inventor and use > ACISIN > > in AutoCAD to import the model. > > > > If you mean a 2d drawing then open the IDW in Inventor and File > Save > copy > > As and set filetype to DWG. > > > > > > Hope this is what you're after > > > > Regards > > > > Rory > > > > > > "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message > > news:4033dc94_1@newsprd01... > > > Hi Group, can someone please tell me if it is possible to transfer an > > > Inventor 8 assembly to Autocad Mechanical 2004 DX. Not just transfer a > > part > > > of the assembly but the whole assembly. > > > > > > Cheers > > > Mike Hetherton > > > Down Under > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Kirk, that was also the (what appears to be) misleading info my reseller gave me....."it know has the best of both worlds, you can model in inventor then detail it in Autocad Mech DX" .....that maybe true if you only produce a single part.....I don't. "Kirk A." wrote in message news:4033e548_2@newsprd01... > I thought you were supposed to be able to open the Inventor files directly > using DX. I don't know how to do it but that is what my reseller told me > was one of the new things for DX. > > ??? > > > "Rory" wrote in message > news:4033dd14_2@newsprd01... > > If you want a 3d model then save as ACIS (*.SAT) in Inventor and use > ACISIN > > in AutoCAD to import the model. > > > > If you mean a 2d drawing then open the IDW in Inventor and File > Save > copy > > As and set filetype to DWG. > > > > > > Hope this is what you're after > > > > Regards > > > > Rory > > > > > > "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message > > news:4033dc94_1@newsprd01... > > > Hi Group, can someone please tell me if it is possible to transfer an > > > Inventor 8 assembly to Autocad Mechanical 2004 DX. Not just transfer a > > part > > > of the assembly but the whole assembly. > > > > > > Cheers > > > Mike Hetherton > > > Down Under > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

How do you get the ipt's into DX? I searched the help in DX but didn't find anything. Kirk "darvinv" wrote in message news:4033e610_2@newsprd01... > ipt's only, not iam's. So the only way to companion an iam is to derive > it to a part file. > darvin > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > news:4033e548_2@newsprd01... > > I thought you were supposed to be able to open the Inventor files > directly > > using DX. I don't know how to do it but that is what my reseller told > me > > was one of the new things for DX. > > > > ??? > > > > > > "Rory" wrote in message > > news:4033dd14_2@newsprd01... > > > If you want a 3d model then save as ACIS (*.SAT) in Inventor and use > > ACISIN > > > in AutoCAD to import the model. > > > > > > If you mean a 2d drawing then open the IDW in Inventor and File > > Save > > copy > > > As and set filetype to DWG. > > > > > > > > > Hope this is what you're after > > > > > > Regards > > > > > > Rory > > > > > > > > > "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message > > > news:4033dc94_1@newsprd01... > > > > Hi Group, can someone please tell me if it is possible to > transfer an > > > > Inventor 8 assembly to Autocad Mechanical 2004 DX. Not just > transfer a > > > part > > > > of the assembly but the whole assembly. > > > > > > > > Cheers > > > > Mike Hetherton > > > > Down Under > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

On the DX file menu "new companion file". darvin "Kirk A." wrote in message news:4033e7e2$1_2@newsprd01... > How do you get the ipt's into DX? I searched the help in DX but didn't find > anything. > > Kirk > > "darvinv" wrote in message > news:4033e610_2@newsprd01... > > ipt's only, not iam's. So the only way to companion an iam is to derive > > it to a part file. > > darvin > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > news:4033e548_2@newsprd01... > > > I thought you were supposed to be able to open the Inventor files > > directly > > > using DX. I don't know how to do it but that is what my reseller told > > me > > > was one of the new things for DX. > > > > > > ??? > > > > > > > > > "Rory" wrote in message > > > news:4033dd14_2@newsprd01... > > > > If you want a 3d model then save as ACIS (*.SAT) in Inventor and use > > > ACISIN > > > > in AutoCAD to import the model. > > > > > > > > If you mean a 2d drawing then open the IDW in Inventor and File > > > Save > > > copy > > > > As and set filetype to DWG. > > > > > > > > > > > > Hope this is what you're after > > > > > > > > Regards > > > > > > > > Rory > > > > > > > > > > > > "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message > > > > news:4033dc94_1@newsprd01... > > > > > Hi Group, can someone please tell me if it is possible to > > transfer an > > > > > Inventor 8 assembly to Autocad Mechanical 2004 DX. Not just > > transfer a > > > > part > > > > > of the assembly but the whole assembly. > > > > > > > > > > Cheers > > > > > Mike Hetherton > > > > > Down Under > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

As darvin said....the companion part of DX works extremely well, pity they didn't take it that one step further and include iam's....which would have been logical. "darvinv" wrote in message news:4033e889$1_2@newsprd01... > On the DX file menu "new companion file". > darvin > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > news:4033e7e2$1_2@newsprd01... > > How do you get the ipt's into DX? I searched the help in DX but > didn't find > > anything. > > > > Kirk > > > > "darvinv" wrote in message > > news:4033e610_2@newsprd01... > > > ipt's only, not iam's. So the only way to companion an iam is to > derive > > > it to a part file. > > > darvin > > > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > news:4033e548_2@newsprd01... > > > > I thought you were supposed to be able to open the Inventor files > > > directly > > > > using DX. I don't know how to do it but that is what my reseller > told > > > me > > > > was one of the new things for DX. > > > > > > > > ??? > > > > > > > > > > > > "Rory" wrote in message > > > > news:4033dd14_2@newsprd01... > > > > > If you want a 3d model then save as ACIS (*.SAT) in Inventor and > use > > > > ACISIN > > > > > in AutoCAD to import the model. > > > > > > > > > > If you mean a 2d drawing then open the IDW in Inventor and File > > > > > Save > > > > copy > > > > > As and set filetype to DWG. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hope this is what you're after > > > > > > > > > > Regards > > > > > > > > > > Rory > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message > > > > > news:4033dc94_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > Hi Group, can someone please tell me if it is possible to > > > transfer an > > > > > > Inventor 8 assembly to Autocad Mechanical 2004 DX. Not just > > > transfer a > > > > > part > > > > > > of the assembly but the whole assembly. > > > > > > > > > > > > Cheers > > > > > > Mike Hetherton > > > > > > Down Under > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

I would suspect it is in the works. They are no different than we are... can only get so much done in a day. 8^) -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message news:4033ea13_1@newsprd01... > As darvin said....the companion part of DX works extremely well, pity they > didn't take it that one step further and include iam's....which would have > been logical.
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

One other really painful limitation with a companion file, you CAN place a companion file in a MDT assembly but you cannot add constraints to it. If you could this would be a really good way to use an Inventor file in A MDT assembly with the need for trouble prone data translation. Brian "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:4033f165$1_1@newsprd01... > I would suspect it is in the works. They are no different than we are... can only get so > much done in a day. 8^) > > -- > Kent > Assistant Moderator > Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program > > > "Mike Hetherton" wrote in message news:4033ea13_1@newsprd01... > > As darvin said....the companion part of DX works extremely well, pity they > > didn't take it that one step further and include iam's....which would have > > been logical. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report