Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Place and ground first component at origin" does not work properly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ReneRepina
548 Views, 7 Replies

"Place and ground first component at origin" does not work properly

Greetings,

"Place and ground first component at origin" does not work properly when copying multiple parts from one assembly to another. If you copy only 1 element, it works ok and grounds it, but it does not work if you copy 2 or more at the same time.

We are using Inventor 2020.3.

ReneRepina_3-1591099184354.png

ReneRepina_1-1591099115579.png

ReneRepina_2-1591099137157.png

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
kelly.young
in reply to: ReneRepina

Hello @ReneRepina I have tried to replicate but have not been able to reproduce, can you record a  screencast of the behavior showing what you found with clear steps to reproduce?

Please select the Accept Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 8
andrewiv
in reply to: kelly.young

I can reproduce what @ReneRepina is talking about.  If you select multiple components in an assembly and RMB copy or Crtl+C and then paste them into a new assembly nothing gets grounded.  If you use the place command and select multiple files it does ground the first component.  I'm using 2020.3

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 4 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! It looks like a bug to me. I will work with the project team to understand it better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 8
Martin.Tomko
in reply to: andrewiv

Hi Andrew,

if you are talking about "Place Grounded at Origin" command, than it does not support workflow Copy>Paste. If you want to use it for multiple components, then you should use Place command, from the Ribbon, then select one or more components>Hit "Open" button and then, before placing components by LMBC, use "Place Grounded at Origin"  command from the RMC menu. 

Help Autodesk says: "Right-click before you place a component to adjust the X, Y, Z orientation or to select Place Grounded at Origin."
http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-2C55B507-C204-4AD7-8804-BA9461306616

I have tried it on 2020.3 and it works.

Regards,

Martin

Message 6 of 8
andrewiv
in reply to: Martin.Tomko

I believe what the originator was getting as is that the application option to automatically ground first component at origin does not work when copying and pasting multiple components.  It works fine if you only paste one component.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 7 of 8
Martin.Tomko
in reply to: andrewiv

Yes, you are right, this application option should affect also Copy>Paste workflow. It worked before (2019.4), so it´s a regression. We will take a look, why it does not work yet. 

Thank you for reporting this issue !

Message 8 of 8
ReneRepina

Hello again,

this is correct what @andrewiv said. It does not ground the first occurrence properly if you copy multiple occurrences from one assembly to a new one with Copy/Paste or CTRL + C/V.

@Martin.Tomko No problem, hope it will be easly resolved.

@kelly.young Try with direct copying from one assembly to another with Copy/Paste.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report