Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw a rolled edge in Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
594 Views, 2 Replies

How to draw a rolled edge in Inventor

I am attempting to draw a cover for a 50 gallon tank cover and cannot figure out how to draw something like the attached .ipt file in sheet metal.  I need a flat pattern for quoting purposes but am not sure how to accomplish it.  

All help/tips are appreciated.  

Thanks,

Dylan

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Inventor Sheet Metal will not return a Flat Pattern for that formed part.

In later versions, 2020 and on, you could generate an approximation with Unwrap, but that did not exist in 2019.

You could use MeshMixer to Unwrap, but again that is an approximation and in this simple case I think a hand calculation would be the easiest route. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
bob_holland
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous , @JDMather is correct Inventor 2019 and prior can only unfold around one axial direction at a time. A barrel cover is folded in two axial directions simultaneously.  If you need to stay on Inventor 2019, you might want to look at a 3rd party product called Exact Flat.  If I remember correctly, they have an online flatten service option.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report