Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pneumatic schematics

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
psw1125
2121 Views, 4 Replies

pneumatic schematics

Hello?
My name is SW Park.
I have a question about the Inventor drawing.
It is difficult to count the number when creating a pneumatic circuit diagram.
Is there a command to count letters in a specific area in AutoCAD?
And does Inventor have a function related to drawing pneumatic schematics?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: psw1125

Hi!

The number of components is founded at the 3D model Bill Of Materials and it's based on the components you have in your 3D model.

In drawings, you can create an automatic part list that will give you the total number of components.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: psw1125

@psw1125 

Hello!  Are you referring to a two dimensional schematic drawing?  There is no tool in Inventor for creating this.  Inventor is a 3D modeling software, and the drawings you can create with Inventor are taken from the D Models.

For a 2D schematic, I would suggest one of the AutoCAD products, such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD P&ID, or AutoCAD Electrical.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 4 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: CGBenner

@CGBenner wrote:

For a 2D schematic, I would suggest one of the AutoCAD products, such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD P&ID, or AutoCAD Electrical.

Having (long ago, in a previous job) tried to make Inventor work for some 2D schematic work, I absolutely agree with this statement.  We did manage to do it, but it was an extremely convoluted and annoying process that used lots of Sketched Symbols and some drawing-level sketches.  I highly recommend against trying to use Inventor for this purpose.  With the "Sketch Symbol Library" system that exists in Inventor now, it would probably be easier than when I tried it, but I still think it's a bad idea.

The only reason I did it back then (besides being younger and dumber) is that I transitioned to Inventor from a software that was a parametric modeler, but which had some direct drawing tools (similar to AutoCAD) at the drawing sheet level.  I was determined at the time to make Inventor work the same way as my previous software, rather than learning AutoCAD.  

Message 5 of 5

The best I have come up with for simple stuff is to throw together an assembly with the components then draw the lines as a sketch in the IDW. It works and looks nice too, but I imagine if you are working with a complex system that it could be time consuming.

SCREEN1.png

Using Inventor 2022 on Windows 10

Ideas needing support: spur gear tooth profile, rack gears generator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report