Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list Item Qty Problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
fakeru
704 Views, 10 Replies

Parts list Item Qty Problem

Hi,

I noticed a problem with Parts List that I place on drawing. I use View Representation Filter to exclude hidden components for counting them in the QTY column. That works fine until I sort my table. After I sort my table let's say by Part Number, Inventor will count the hidden occurrences also.

Is this a bug? Is there a quick fix? 

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
salariua
in reply to: fakeru

Edited:

I can't can replicate this on 2017.

Filter"Limit QTY to visible components only" resets even though check box is selected.

Inventor_170818_11-48-46.png

You need to reinforce the filter by taking it off and on again.

170818-03.gif

Paging @johnsonshiue and @ChrisMitchell01, seems like a bug

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 11
fakeru
in reply to: salariua

It happens only when "Auto Sort on Update" is checked.

Untitled.png

Message 4 of 11
mcgyvr

yes I seem to remember this is a bug..

I think there is a post with me/Johnson and someone else talking about it.. I'll see if I can find that..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: mcgyvr

My "google fu" skills are awesome this morning..

8 seconds flat

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/split-part-list/td-p/6969895

So yes.. Its a bug.. Don't think its been fixed..

@Anonymous johnson.. has this been addressed yet? (I don't think so).. 

Any idea when/if it will be? Its clearly a bug that needs to be squashed and not left to roam around Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi Brian,

The issue you reported on post #10 in the following thread is indeed fixed as of 2018.1 and 2017.4+Updates.

Either this is a different issue or the issue is not completely fixed. I will investigate it further and get back to you guys.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi Brian,

The issue you reported on post #10 in the following thread is indeed fixed as of 2018.1 and 2017.4+Updates.

Either this is a different issue or the issue is not completely fixed. I will investigate it further and get back to you guys.

Many thanks!

@johnsonshiue  Seems they are on an older version and the bug wasn't addressed there.. I didn't see it in any of the read me files you mentioned but I believe you... Glad it was corrected.. 

@fakeru You are on an older version (2015) it seems (judging by your signature) and as such the bug that was present there was not fixed.. It has been addressed in newer releases.. Seems your only option besides not splitting a parts list is to upgrade your version to 2017/2018..

Message 8 of 11
fakeru

Sorry, my signature is outdated. I use Inventor 2017 SP1.

If "Auto Sort on Update" is on, the item qty ignores the view representation qty limitation. When off, the opposite.

So in my case, nothing to do with splitting the table.

I would prefer "Auto Sort on Update", but for now I will have to leave off because having the right qty is more important.

Message 9 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi Guys,

This is a bug. It looks like Sorting simply ignores the Visibility overrides. This is wrong. It is not the same bug as t he Split table unfortunately. Anyway, I will work with the project team to see how we can fix it soon.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 11
brent_cothill

Hi, was this problem ever fixed?

I am having the same issue. I've created a View Rep in my main assembly where I only want the selected parts to show in the Parts List. I can select the Filter to filter my View Rep I've created however it doesn't filter the part list. My work around is that I have to add another Filter - Ballooned items only, this isn't ideal as you could accidentally miss an item when ballooning. When selecting Limit QTY to visible components only I still get a full count of everything in the main assembly. 

I am using Inv 2018 and all updates have been installed. Any suggestions?

Message 11 of 11

Hi! Based on internal record, the defect has been resolved on an internal build. I am contacting the project team to see the fix can be ported to future updates to 2018.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report