Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split part list

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
petrxn
1203 Views, 11 Replies

Split part list

Hello,

I have problem with spliting parts list where is enabled filter. In case that filter is off, the split works as I expected, but in case the filer is on (or some rows of parts list are hidden), the split command does not work correctly. It spliting table on wrong line (typically on the end) double some lines and etc.

Is this known behaviour? Is there an workaround how to split table with filters?

I use Inventor 2017, build 233.

Thank you

Petr

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: petrxn

@petrxn wrote:

Hello,

I have problem with spliting parts list where is enabled filter. In case that filter is off, the split works as I expected, but in case the filer is on (or some rows of parts list are hidden), the split command does not work correctly. It spliting table on wrong line (typically on the end) double some lines and etc.

Is this known behaviour? Is there an workaround how to split table with filters?

I use Inventor 2017, build 233.

Thank you

Petr

It works fine for me.. (I created an iam file with a design view rep.. I placed that into a drawing.. I placed a parts list.. I enabled a design view rep filter on the parts list and then split the table and everything worked just fine.. no double lines,etc..)

Can you please post the files you are having problems with?

Please ensure you post the idw file, the iam file and all associated ipt/iam files. (use pack and go)

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 12
petrxn
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank you, I cannot share complete model, but I have prepared short video where is shown how it is work in my station with some invisbile rows.

I also prepared simple model+drawing for you, I will sent you PM with link to get it.

Again thank you very much

Petr

Message 4 of 12
mcgyvr

@petrxn 

I have sent the files you PM'd me for investigation to @Anonymous He works for Autodesk and handles lots of support/bug related issues.

He should reply back when he gets a chance to see everything and find out whats going on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! Brian forwarded me the files you sent him. I think the issue is about splitting an already split table with filter on, right? The behavior is indeed confusing. To be honest, I am not sure what the correct behavior should be. I will work with project team to understand it better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 12
petrxn
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your support.

This problem is with filter enabled or with some rows set as hidden. This can happen also on non splitted table, during first split. On some tables it completely damage the parts list, it double some rows, some are missing, some are sorted in opposite order.

Best regards,

Petr

Message 7 of 12
Jon.Dean

Hi Petr,

This is only an issue when you split the table more than once with the filters set.

With one split and with the filters turned on, everything is fine.

If you really want a fix for this, then I suggest you log the issue on the Idea Station.

If more people vote for the fix then there is a chance of something happening.

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 8 of 12
petrxn
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Hello Jon,

I am sure that this is bug that should be fixed without an voting in idea station. There is not possible that there could be damaged parts list due to splitting. This can make a big problems during whole design-building process. In this case the splitting does not make sence.

Best Regards

Petr

Message 9 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi Petr,

The behavior is definitely confusing. However, we are encountering technical difficulty here. The issue here is that when a filter is applied, splitting multiple times becomes tricky, particularly when the split happens near the filtered sections. Unfortunately, we don't have a good solution yet. For your workflow, instead of using filter, would making rows invisible be a better option?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: Jon.Dean

@Jon.Dean wrote:

Hi Petr,

This is only an issue when you split the table more than once with the filters set.

With one split and with the filters turned on, everything is fine.

If you really want a fix for this, then I suggest you log the issue on the Idea Station.

If more people vote for the fix then there is a chance of something happening.

Cheers

Jon.

@Jon.Dean No its not.. Its also an issue when you split the parts list ONLY once with filters set post split..

Here is the parts list split once, then filters applied.. notice quantities in parts list dialog are correct but the single split parts list is not..

@johnsonshiue johnson.. Images and dataset attached..

The way it should work is that all sections (all splits) of a parts list should update to match the parts list dialog quantities when filters are applied.. Plain, simple and logical..  

splitplbug.PNG

And another just because its SO easy to duplicate this.. dataset also attached for this one..

splitplbug1.PNG

Message 11 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi Brian,

I am sorry that I have misunderstood the issue. This is indeed wrong. It should work with the example you provided. Basically, view rep quantity override is not working with split table. This is a bug. It should be fixed. I will work with the project team and see what we can do. It is probably too late for the incoming update.

Many thanks for clarifying!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks Johnson.. You da' man!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report