Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model state i-properties reset default

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bradeneuropeArthur
1079 Views, 7 Replies

Model state i-properties reset default

The new Model state makes it possible to add different i-property values to each Model state.

For Example the

document value of Description = PLATE

Master state value of Description = PLATE NOT BEND

STATE state value of Description = PLATE BEND

How can this be reset to the defaults of the document. TO Description = PLATE

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Found:

By pressing (Double click) the pencil in the Master State!

bradeneuropeArthur_0-1619378654819.pngbradeneuropeArthur_1-1619378684712.png

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 8

What do you mean by document iProperties?
As far as I know, retrieving the iProperties via Inventor UI gives you the active model state ones, right clicking on the document in explorer gives you the master iProperties instead. I can't see a concept of document properties.

Message 4 of 8

You can now edit the i-properties per Design State Different.

To avoid this you can do that with the method in the pictures.

bradeneuropeArthur_0-1619429075816.png

This means that all Design states inherit the properties from Master again!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 5 of 8

I think that's better to say that edits applies to active model state or to all model states (I don't think "edit factory scope" naming used by Autodesk is the best choice).
By the way it's not a matter of inheriting from the master model state.

And double clicking the pencil does not reset the iProperties on my side, I had to click the pencil and manually edit what I want to be the same across all model states. Is this what you are saying? Or could you better show me how to reset the iProps?

Message 6 of 8

You are right:

1. one click will edit all Design States.
  2. If you have pencils for all design states set,
    you need to edit the i-properties once and they become all the same.

Is a bit tricky, I think.
it would help if there was a reset function/method possible, isn't it?
I mean all properties equal!

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 7 of 8

It could be useful but not as easy as doubleclicking on the browser, your answer had me a little scared! 😅

At the moment I would work with the model state spreadsheet: setting the same values in each row for the chosen iProperties (leveraging the excel drag feature), or deleting the entire column to set the iProperty value to the value of the active model state (not the master model state, just tested and I didn't really expect this, yeah it's a bit tricky!)

Message 8 of 8

It would scare me too if it was reset without warning. Still these options are tricky. In special in a PDM environment like Vault!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report