Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Representation Position

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Iain_WilsonNNW35
251 Views, 4 Replies

Model Representation Position

Hello,

I've got a model with multiple representation positions that I would like to present to a client with the ability to switch between them easily.  Currently I send out singular position models that can be viewed using Autodesk viewer by clients.

In the future I would like to do this with an assembly with multiple representation positions, However in Autodesk viewer which I currently use I can't see the ability to switch positions. 

Does anyone know if its possible to do this either in Viewer or another program?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi

Here another user mentioned the need for Model States in Autodesk Viewer. I think it's a good idea and worth publishing on Idea Station.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/model-states-in-shared-views-autodesk-viewer/td-p/1239...

If your idea is different and refers to broader functionality, you can submit your own idea and describe your expectations in detail.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Ian,

Another way to do that is to export the Inventor assembly to DWF (Complete option). The Design View Rep and Positional View Rep will be exported accordingly. Your partner can simply install Autodesk Design Review (free viewer) to view the assembly without having to install Inventor. Yet another way is to install Inventor ReadOnly mode.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5

Hi Johnson, 

I've tried your method with the DWF format with my test assembly and while I can view it, I still cannot see any options for viewing the different representations in the viewer.

Thanks 

Iain

Message 5 of 5

Hi! If you use "Complete" option when exporting, expand Publish Views node in the Views browser on the left. You will see the Design View Reps and Positional Reps.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report