Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master View in an Assembly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
shastu
1068 Views, 6 Replies

Master View in an Assembly

Can someone please explain to me what the Mater View in an Assembly is used for? If the Master View is always locked and you can't unlock it, which means you can't save any changes to it, then why do I ever need it?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: shastu

Because in the Master view, you can know, without any doubt, what is in the main assembly.... that's why you can't edit or delete.

If you wanna check all you have in the assembly, with no mistakes, no doubts.... go to Master view!!!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

You CAN save while in the Master Design View.  

It will save any modelling changes you've made; just won't save view changes, e.g. section views, visibility, etc.

Message 4 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: CCarreiras

@CCarreiras wrote:

Because in the Master view, you can know, without any doubt, what is in the main assembly.... that's why you can't edit or delete.

If you wanna check all you have in the assembly, with no mistakes, no doubts.... go to Master view!!!

Well, in theory, yes, that is the way that it is supposed to work.  But, in 2016 I have been having issues with any view rep.  Sometimes the Master does not show ALL things.

Kirk

Message 5 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: karthur1

Hi!

ok... but this because it's working bad. If you found a bug... it's better report it.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
salariua

I don't use it at all. I have edited my template.iam and I have added another design view "Default" that is not locked and it's set as active before save so each new assembly starts with "Default" on.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: salariua

@salariua wrote:

I don't use it at all. I have edited my template.iam and I have added another design view "Default" that is not locked and it's set as active before save so each new assembly starts with "Default" on.

Great work-around for a stupid feature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report