Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor drawing view with colored lines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pball
4321 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor drawing view with colored lines

I have an asesmbly with a blue and red part. I don't want my 3 view drawings shaded but I'd like the line colors to match the part color. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: pball

You can edit the layers in the document(Anotate tab), (or edit the layers in the styles editor for future uses), but i believe you can not choose a different color for diferent   view. The format color will be applyed for all the sheet, not specific for every view.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The only option that I know of is changing the selection to Part Priority, select the part in the view, right click and select Properties and change the color there. It still won't be linked to the part color though.

Message 4 of 4
salariua

I've been playing with this on my last project. I needed to show each run as the appearance set in the model. We don't have many options here but you might be lucky if you don't need this on a large assembly like I did.

All these options are REALLY slow and need manual update 😞

Brian Ekins has a VB code but it's processing all lines (curves) one at at time and that takes forever. It creates layers with each color but unfortunatelly the layers are called as the RBG code of the color (very hard to identify and edit)

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/changing-drawing-curves-to-match-assembly-color.h...

Another solution on the mCAD forum:

http://www.mcadforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9547&p=65732&hilit=Drawing+Line+Color

Inventor forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/part-colour-be-line-colour-in-idw/td-p/2888796

In my case it didn't work because it is a large assembly.

2015-06-03_13-46-36.png

You can change your selection to part filter select your component (or select it in the browser) and then right click properties to change it's colour.

This is a partial solution because it's hard to select parts and manually update them all the time (as the assembly changes).

What I end up doing was to create copies of Visible layer calling them Run1, Run2, etc. and changed the color of each one as per the assembly (manual unfortunatelly).Then right click on a part (or assembly in my case) in the browser, choose "select as edges" and then in the Annotate tab, Format, Layer, choose the layer you previouslly created. In this case I can just change the layer and all sheets update.

150603-03.gif

Side Note:

Haven't tested but this seems to affect performance and increase the drawing file size

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report