Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

part colour be line colour in idw

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
binsar_z
2168 Views, 4 Replies

part colour be line colour in idw

how to get part colour to be line colour in idw through iLogic? or may be is there another way to do this?. we can do this easier in mechanical desktop.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MrAcam04
in reply to: binsar_z

Do to the fact that Inventor doesn't handle pen styles, autodesk is in the process of helping us with an ilogic rule that will match materials to layers. From what I can gather, layers will control the color and lineweight based on the material. For further information read the post "Assign Layers to Materials" this should help get you started.

From my past experience, I am no longer utilizing idw's. I use the Inventor DWG file as my standard now, this will make it easier for anyone to open the files from within mechanical desktop or basic autocad. In application options, drawing tab,  set "Default Drawing File Type" to Inventor Drawing (*.dwg) This is just my opinion and you may test it out and see if it would be a good fit for yourself or company.

Message 3 of 5
binsar_z

Thank you for info.

Message 4 of 5
rob.j.ross

You may want to look at this post by Brian Ekins.  I believe his code does what you are asking for an assembly.

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/changing-drawing-curves-to-match-assembly-color.h...

Dual Intel Xeon E5540 CPUs
16GB DDR3 Ram
Message 5 of 5
binsar_z

Thank you for respons. I think Inventor should be better than another software. The exactly we need is able change the color in every time we need, not always, so it shoult like we have "on or off" to make it change or not, as we found it in Mechanical Desktop and SolidWorks as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report