Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing styles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Dracoholikus
461 Views, 4 Replies

Managing styles

Hi guys, first post around here. I'm having some troubles with the styles editor, i created a template that is adequate to ABNT standards in Brazil, it works fine when it's FIRST started, but the second time it's opened the following error appears:

Inventor_PROBLEM01.jpg

While searching on the web, i found out that the styles must the saved to the style library, and so i did:

Inventor_PROBLEM02.jpg

But, the problem remains, any solution ? I feel that i'm doing something wrong or not doing something that must be done.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blandb
in reply to: Dracoholikus

Hello,

Just checking. You made sure that your "use Style Library" in the project is set to "read-write". Then go to your template, and save the styles to the style library, save your drawing, and close the drawing. Do you have more than (1) template that could use the styles? If so, then make sure your "update" your other templates. If not, then make sure you set your "use style library" back to "Read-only" for the project. Next time you start a new drawing using template there should not be a styles conflict.

hope this helps.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: blandb

@Dracoholikus

Welcome to the community...

Before you perform any steps that @blandb has indicated, I might suggest that you read the following 2 articles and make a decision from there based on the information that is provided in those article.   Not saying @blandb information is incorrect or you shouldn't do it...  There's just other choices and I wanted to share those options with you.

Article 1:  https://synergiscadblog.com/2015/09/15/styles-conflict-inventor-drawings/

Article 2:  https://synergiscadblog.com/2015/10/20/avoiding-style-conflicts-completely-inventor-drawings/

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 5
blandb
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I agree, I was just taking it from the point of what he had in his template as being what he wanted....I do agree with looking at the other approaches.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5
Dracoholikus
in reply to: Dracoholikus

Hi again, i read all the articles that was sent here. I found that when i saved the new styles overwritting the actual style library i needed to update after, that was something i wasnt doing and it worked. Thanks blandb and Mark.Lancaster, both you have taught me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report